September 1, 2022
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This Issue’s Table of Contents
- What Do Chiropractic and The Summer Have In Common?
- Your Curves
- Do Infants Benefit from Chiropractic Care?
- Questions and Answers
- Traditional Eating
- Words of Wisdom
- Researching Chiropractic
- Success Story
What do chiropractic and the summer have in common?
Both are good for you.
Go to the beach, the park, or your backyard for exercise and lots of sun (no sunscreen please, just don’t burn). In the summer your body gets enough vitamin D and other sunshine
vitamins/benefits to last you all winter. Remember, your body can store vitamin D, unlike most other vitamins.
But there’s more. Go out for walks and hikes with friends and loved ones; go swimming and have parties. Having friends and relatives over is very healthy – loneliness kills. So don’t think you aren’t doing something wonderful when you hang out and socialize. Remember, backyard parties are good for you too as well as your chiropractor (so don’t forget to invite us.
Your spine (also called your spinal column or “backbone”) is made up of 24 movable vertebrae (spinal bones). On the bottom is a a triangular bone made called the sacrum and underneath that is your tailbone or coccyx.
Your spine should be straight from the front, and from the side it should have natural curves.
You have three main curves – your neck or cervical curve, your mid back or thoracic curve and your lower back or lumbar curve.
Why do you need curves? Curve give your spine strength. A straight spine is much weaker than a curved spine.
What makes up the curves? Between your vertebra are discs that give your spine much of its curve and also act as shock absorbers so every step you take doesn’t shake you up.
Are your curves not curvy enough (straight) too curvy or just right? There are a number of ways to tell. One is with a posture analysis using the doctor’s hands, using a photographic analysis or an x-ray analysis. Want to know more? Ask us.
Do Infants Benefit from Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic for infants? They have low back pain? Of course not! Infants need chiropractic care to ensure that the stress of gestation, labor and delivery has not damaged their spines and delicate structure.
Infants can be damage by falls – statistics tell us that nearly half of all babies have had a fall from a a height (off the changing table, off the bed, down the stairs etc.).
Chiropractic care helps ensure s healthy baby with better resistance to disease, a better ability to discharge toxins, a better ability to absorb nutrients and overall better body function.
Also, correcting subluxations may help a baby who is ill return to health more quickly and more comfortably.
There are many case histories of chiropractic helping children with all kinds of conditions – asthma, colic, constipation, difficulty breastfeeding, ear infections, autism spectrum disorder, vision and hearing disorders, neurological conditions- no matter what conditions babies may have, chiropractic care can help them grow into healthy, happy children. (1,2)
Questions and Answers
Q. Do chiropractors have MD degrees?
A. Chiropractors have DC degrees, conferred by a chiropractic college. A major difference between chiropractic and medicinal education is that while MDs are studying drugs, vaccination and surgery, chiropractors are study subluxation analysis and correction.
Dr. Weston A. Price is regarded by many as the greatest nutritionist who ever lived. He founded the National Dental Association, which became the research section of the American Dental Association.
In the late 1920s Dr. Price and his wife Florence embarked on a world tour of indigenous people. They traveled Indiana Jones-style by prop planes, steamships, canoes, automobiles, horse drawn carriages, and on foot, visiting hundreds of villages in 14 countries on 5 continents.
All these isolated cultures had two things in common:
1. they were humans
2. they had eaten their traditional foods handed down for hundreds of generations
Their diets were tried and true for creating the next generation of healthy children.
No one needed wisdom teeth extractions because their jaws had enough room to accommodate their teeth. No one needed braces—their teeth were straight, not crowded and beautiful.
In addition, no woman needed a caesarean section because her pelvis was wide enough to bear children. When there is proper nutrition, the body has the raw materials to achieve its genetic potential.
Dr. Price’s book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration remains a classic to this day. For more information about Dr. Price’s work go to www.ppnf.org and www.westonapricefoundation.org
Words of Wisdom
Yogi Berra, the famous catcher for the NY Yankees was an 18-time All-Star, played in 14 World Series (winning 10 of them) and is famous for his scores of unique phrases and malapropisms such as:
- Baseball is 90% mental, and the other half is physical.
- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- You can observe a lot by just watching.
- It ain’t over till it’s over.
- It’s like déjà vu all over again.
- No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.
- You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.
- He hits from both sides of the plate. He’s amphibious.
- It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.
- I can see how he (Sandy Koufax) won twenty-five games. What I don’t understand is how he lost five.
- I don’t know (if they were men or women fans running naked across the field). They had bags over their heads.
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seem to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Piglets and chiropractic. Chiropractic for piglets? Why not? Every creature with a spinal column can have subluxations and can benefit from chiropractic care. There are many chiropractors who regularly work on dogs, cats, horses, and other creatures.
In this study, researchers measured the rate of weight gain in baby pigs. 109 piglets that were weaned on the same day were captured and randomly assigned into a control (CON) or an adjusted (ADJ) group.
It was found that, on average the adjusted group reached ideal weight 6 days sooner than the control (non-adjusted) group. Feed costs for the adjusted group were thus reduced. (4)
P.S. An earlier study with chickens showed chiropractic adjustments improved palatability, overall health, and rate of weight gain. Again, something that could cut costs and increase profits. (5)
These studies show the positive effects on animal chiropractic in livestock production settings.
Down Syndrome in a 7-week-old infant. A seven-week-old girl with Down Syndrome was brought in for chiropractic care because of nursing and sleeping issues. Typically, the infant was brought to the clinic when she was having cough, congestion, tactile fremitus (a vibration transmitted through the body) and wheezing problems.
A chiropractic examination revealed that she had upper cervical, thoracic and sacrum subluxations. Her subluxations were adjusted using various chiropractic techniques.
After the adjustment the mother reported that the infant was getting stronger, had less congestion, was breathing with less wheezes, and her chest was cleaner. The parents reported feeling less fremitus on her chest than before.
The patient had constipation for three days when she was brought in for care. The infant defecated right after the adjustment.
After 3 visits the baby’s feeding and sleeping issues were resolved. The child continued chiropractic care. After 2 years and 7 months of care, her muscle tone, breathing, and immune function were enhanced.
The mother reported that chiropractic care helped to increase the infant’s daily function and overall health such as latching and regular sleep patterns. (6)
Low Back pain in a 9-year-old with tethered cord syndrome. A 9-year-old boy entered the office complaining of a dull, achy low back pain that occurred during football practicing and playing. He had a decreased range of motion and vertebral subluxations. X-rays revealed he had an extra lumbar vertebra (6 instead of 5).
The child had an MRI that revealed a condition known as spinal cord tethering. His spinal abnormalities included lower spinal cord and malformations.
The boy received chiropractic adjustments twice a week for 3 weeks and then once per week for 6 weeks. He was also given stretching and exercises to be done at home.
At one-year follow-up, the patient was able to play several high school sports without any complications.
My kidneys were functioning about 20%
Friday evening of Memorial Day weekend I received a phone call from my family physician. He stated my kidneys were functioning about 20% and wanted me to see a kidney doctor, and also get a MRA in the MRI tunnel.
The next day I called Dr. Horning and he asked me to come in. My blood pressure was far below normal, 90/48. Doctor Horning discovered with chiropractic and AK, I was creating ammonia throughout my whole body. He recommended two supplements to me. He also found out I was adversely affected to a medicine called Hisinopril, which my family physician put me on for two months, replacing Accupril, because my blood pressure was 135/85 and he thought it was too high.
I was taking the supplements Dr. Horning recommended, along with organic, sugar-free cranberry juice. I also did my homework and detoxed my system with distilled water, apple cider vinegar, and organic lemons combined into a drink. Within two days, Monday, I was feeling much healthier, my blood pressure was normal without the BP medicine, except for a small water pill and a small dosage of Atenonal. My renal report from the MRA showed normality and no damage.
Thank you, Dr. Horning!
- What happens if you get half-scared to death-Twice!
- Do pediatricians play miniature golf on Wednesdays?
- Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?
- If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
- If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?
- If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?
- If work is so terrific, how come they have to pay you to do it?
- If you ate pasta and antipasta, would you still be hungry?
- If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
- Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all?"
- What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?
- If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?
- Kim L. Hammond K, Alcantara j. et. al. Immediate resolution of constipation in an infant following chiropractic care: a case report. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2012; 2:61-65
- Gutmann G. The atlas fixation syndrome in the baby and infant. Manuelle Medizine. 1987;25:5-10.
- Arbuckle A, Fechter W, Hendricks R, et. al. Chiropractic Directed at Subluxation Reduction Improves Speed of Harvest Rate, Reduces Feed Costs and Increases Feed Efficiency in Piglets: A Controlled Field Study of Rate of Gain in 109 Piglets. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research, Volume 2022Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research ~ Volume 2022 ~ June 28 ~ Pages 79-81 Vol. 2022
- Hayek A; Ormston W, Nolen J. Growth and Quality Enhancement in Broiler Chickens, Midwest Veterinary Conference 2020
- 6. Amlinger P,Colcombet C. Improved Health Outcomes in a Child with Down Syndrome Undergoing Chiropractic Care to Reduce Vertebral Subluxation: A Case Report & Review of the Literature Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic ~ July 13, 2022 ~ Pages 57-65
- Carter S, Floyd R, Richardson M et al. Resolution of Low Back Pain in a 9-Year-Old Male with Low Back Pain, Tethered Cord Syndrome, Spina Bifida Occulta and Lumbarization of the S1 Vertebra Following Chiropractic Care: A Case Study & Selective Review of the Literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health - Chiropractic ~ Volume 2015 ~ Issue 3 ~ Pages 121-130