November 1, 2016
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation.
Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This issue’s table of contents
- Questions and answers about chiropractic
- Did you know?
- Stay heathy: don’t get a flu shot
- The flu shot: useless and dangerous
- Colds and flu prevent cancer
- Stay healthy this Fall with traditional food
- Researching chiropractic
- Success Story
- Humor (and words of wisdom)
Questions and answers about chiropractic
Q. Does chiropractic help ghosts and goblins?
A. During Halloween there is a virtual epidemic of ghosts, goblins and other bizarre creatures threatening entrance to our homes. You must stay informed and on your guard. This invasion begins close to nightfall on October 31st and (thankfully) lasts only a few hours.
Be prepared! Historically we have learned that the best defense is offering small, colorful, attractive gifts. These gifts have often been in the form of poisonous concoctions composed of high fructose corn syrup, sugar, and soybean, canola, sunflower, corn and other partially and completely hydrogenated oils and chemicals.
However, our investigative team has learned that these small gifts don’t have to be filled with toxic chemicals. You can supply organic fruits, nuts and even organic dark chocolate (warning – may cause repeat visits).
Don’t contribute to rotting teeth, chronic inflammation and overall poor health this holiday season. Use your imagination and you’ll feel even better about answering the door. You’ll also protect yourself from seemingly harmless threats (trick … or treat). But then again you can never be sure with these bizarre creatures.
Protect your home from “Tricks” by saving ghosts, goblins and other visitors from wild sugar swings.
This announcement is provided as a public service from SUGAR – Saving Us from Ghosts And Repulsive toxins.
Did you know?
- Your eyes process more than 120 million bits of information every second.
- Vision uses 1/3 of all your brainpower.
- About ¼ of the body’s bones are in the feet – that’s 52 out of more than 200.
- You use 72 different muscles every time you talk. (1)
Stay healthy: don’t get a flu shot
We are approaching flu shot season again. Drug companies spend millions advertising the not only useless but dangerous flu shot that causes brain and nervous system damage.
Not many people know this, the media doesn’t report it, but the U.S. government records vaccine injuries and deaths and the flu vaccine has been linked to both. Government records show the flu vaccine kills and damages more people than all the other vaccines combined. The mercury in the shot has been linked to Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, MS and autism. (2)
There is no proof that pregnant women, children, babies or adults (especially asthmatics) get any benefit from it. Send this information to those you care about.
The flu shot: useless and dangerous
J. Anthony Morris, Ph.D. former Chief Vaccine Control Officer, US Food and Drug Administration and flu vaccine expert:
There is no evidence that any influenza vaccine thus far developed is effective in preventing or mitigating any attack of influenza. The producers of these vaccines know that they are worthless, but they go on selling them anyway. (3)
Colds and flu prevent cancer
For thousands of years healers have viewed colds, flu, fevers and skin eruptions as some of the most powerful weapons your body has for cleansing, detoxification and self-healing. These symptoms are uncomfortable but provide natural benefits no drug or vaccine can give you. For example:
Those with carcinomas of the stomach, colon, rectum, breast, and ovary … and controls (with no history of cancer) were interviewed. A history of common colds or influenza prior to the interview was found to be associated with a decreased cancer risk. (4)
Subjects who reported a history of infectious diseases (e.g., colds, flu) showed a 30% reduction in risk [of brain tumor]. (5)
Do not suppress your fever or other symptoms with drugs that interfere with your healing; you may stay sick longer:
Taking aspirin or Tylenol™ for the flu could prolong your illness by up to 3½ days. (6)
Stay healthy this Fall with traditional foods
Marrow to the rescue. If there is one ideal food for health and healing, it’s bone marrow – the key ingredient in soups and broths.
Bone marrow seems to have the right stuff for healing and rejuvenation. Because it hides deep in our bones few people realize marrow is one of the largest organs in the human body … it is considered a primary lymphatic organ. [Bone marrow] performs hemopoiesis – the process by which stem cells generate the platelets, leukocytes, and erythrocytes needed for coagulation, immunity, and oxygen transport. (7)
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Female infertility. Two female patients, ages 28 and 37, each with a history of infertility came to their chiropractor for care. Both also had a history of motor vehicle accidents.
Both patients had cervical (neck) subluxations that were corrected. They were then able to conceive and deliver naturally.
The first patient’s menstrual cycle irregularity returned to normal after which she was able to conceive. The second patient was able to conceive without the use of assisted reproductive treatments for the first time. (8)
BPPV (vertigo). A 33-year-old pregnant woman suffered from Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV): a spinning sensation when she changed head position. She was prescribed medication, but refused to take it because she was nursing.
She began care during her most severe BPPV episode. She was unable to drive herself to appointments. Spinal and cranial adjusting techniques were administered and within three visits the symptoms had diminished to the point that she was able to drive herself to her visits. By the 14th visit she reported being symptom-free. (9)
Asthma and headaches. A 15-year-old male presented with chief complaints of asthma and headaches. The patient was under specific chiropractic care and analysis utilizing static radiology, videofluoroscopy, infrared thermography and high frequency pulsating instrumentation. Symptoms of asthma and headaches resolved following care. (10)
My 13 year old daughter will always complain about a headache that will never go away. Myself and my husband have been coming to Dr. Horning for a little over a month and I was just talking to him about my concerns around her headaches and he looked at me and said “Cassie, I can fix that”.
Within two visits she has stopped complaining and now it has been two weeks and she still has not complained.
Dr. Horning is the closest thing to someone that performs miracles. I could never thank him enough, my daughter is happier and healthier and I am on my own little journey to being healthy with Dr. Horning.
Once again, The Washington Post has published the winning submissions to its yearly neologism contest, in which readers are asked to supply alternative meanings for common words.
The winners are:
1. Coffee (n.), the person upon whom one coughs.
2. Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how
much weight you have gained.
3. Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever
having a flat stomach.
4. Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation
5. Willy-nilly (adj.), impotent.
6. Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in
which you absentmindedly answer the door in your nightgown.
7. Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.
8. Gargoyle (n), olive-flavored mouthwash.
9. Flatulence (n.) emergency vehicle that
picks you up after you are run over by a steamroller.
10. Balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding hairline.
- Abel U, Becker N, Angerer R et al. Common infections in the history of cancer patients and controls. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 1991;117(4); 339-344.
- Schlehoper B, Blettner M, Preston-Martin S et al. Role of medical history in brain tumor development results from the international adult brain tumor study. International Journal of Cancer. 1999;82:155-160.
- Plaisance KI et al. Effect of antipyretic therapy on the duration of illness in experimental influenza A, Shigella connei, and Rickettsia rickettsii infections. Pharmacotherapy. 2000;20(12):1417-1433.
- Morell SF. Nourishing Broth: an old-fashioned remedy for the modern world. New York: Grand Central Life & Style, 2015:28.
- Hilpisch J, Stenberg J. Female infertility and upper cervical chiropractic care: a case series. Journal of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Research. September 15, 2016:31-43. https://uppercervicalsubluxation.sharepoint.com/Pages/2016_1453_infertility.aspx
- Stone-McCoy P, Taylor C. The resolution of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) in a 33-year-old female following chiropractic care: a case report & selective review of literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. August 25, 2016:84-91. http://www.mccoypress.net/annals/docs/2016-1449_vertigo.pdf
- Jaszewski E, Willard A. Resolution of asthma in a teenager following subluxation-based chiropractic management utilizing the Pierce Results System: a case study & selective review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2016;3:84-91. https://chiropracticpediatrics.sharepoint.com/Pages/2016_1442_asthma.aspx