May 1, 2020
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This Issue’s Table of Contents
- Strengthen Your Immune System With Chiropractic
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- No-trition Advice
- Flu Vaccines Are the Most Dangerous of All
- Did You Know?
- Researching Chiropractic
- Success Story
In This Issue…
How many of your ancestors were healthy? When do you need chiropractic care? Learn about what to eat (nutrition) and what not to eat (no-trition). What is the most dangerous vaccine? A 7-year-old dachshund under chiropractic care, and do you know the differences between work and prison? All this AND MORE in this month’s newsletter.
Strengthen Your Immune System with Chiropractic
Good Health is Easy; Sickness Takes Work
You are the product of hundreds of generations of strong, healthy, intelligent ancestors. Think about it—every one of your many ancestors needed to be healthy to live long enough to at least reach puberty; every ancestor needed to be attractive enough to find a mate; every ancestor needed to be smart enough to survive in this difficult world and be able to raise heirs.
You have inherited a wonderful body designed to keep you going for (believe it or not) over a hundred years in perfect physical and mental health.
But it doesn’t always seem that way. A lifetime of physical, mental and chemical stress can weaken us and cause our bodies to malfunction. One of the most serious forms of stress you can have in your body is the subluxation.
What is a Subluxation?
A subluxation is a tiny distortion in your spine that causes nerve damage. Subluxations create disharmony in your body, a precondition for sickness and disease of all kinds. Subluxations have been linked to internal organ weakness as well as abnormal stress on your muscles, cartilage and discs. Subluxations have also been linked to arthritis, spinal degeneration, lowered resistance to disease, premature aging, loss of height, unbalanced posture, weakness and pain.
Often Unnoticed for Years
Most people have subluxations and don’t know it since they are often painless; you may suffer from them for years before symptoms appear. However, all the while your health is deteriorating.
Doctors of Chiropractic specialize in locating and correcting subluxations, releasing this deep stress that has been interfering with your ability to function at your best, to heal at your best, to think at your best.
Chiropractic promotes balance, resistance to disease and improved function. That is why you’ll find people with all kinds of health conditions in a chiropractor’s office.
Chiropractic is not just about helping us when we get sick. Chiropractic promotes wellness, wholeness and optimal function. Chiropractic patients report improved physical and emotional health, less stress and more enjoyment of life. (1-7).
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
Question: Would I know when I need to see my chiropractor?
Answer: Subluxations are often painless; you may have one for years without knowing it. Subluxations are like cavities that need a specially trained doctor to locate and correct. Periodic check ups are the best approach.
It’s Always Good to Know What Foods to Avoid
All of the following commonly consumed foods are unhealthy. Why? They are highly processed, usually genetically modified, refined, unnatural and have chemicals that promote dis-ease (altered body function) that leads ultimately to disease:
- whole grain breads and crackers (avoid the wheat that's killing you)
- soy milk (highly processed, GMO, hormone disruptor)
- tofu or "veggie burgers" (non-fermented soy can be harmful to your hormones)
- orange and apple juice (loaded with much fructose that raises your triglycerides)
- skim milk or homogenized milk
- margarine (full of deadly trans-fat)
- pre-packaged "diet" dinners (usually loaded with sugar, MSG, salt and hydrogenated fats)
- protein bars (most are candy bars in disguise!)
- overly processed meal replacements (with more junk than healthy ingredients)
- rice cakes (massive blood sugar spike)
- pasta (more wheat to age you faster)
- diet ice cream or diet desserts (diet usually means synthetic sugars added such as aspartame, Splenda and loads of chemicals)
- sports or "energy" drinks (loaded with sugar and artificial chemicals)
- low-fat foods (usually replaces fat with more sugar)
- soybean oil, corn oil, canola oil, vegetable oil
For more information go to www.westonaprice.org.
Flu Vaccines Are the Most Dangerous of All
There is now a big push to create a coronavirus vaccine—to fight the Wu-flu as it’s been called. It takes many months to test a vaccine for safety. The last time a flu vaccine was rushed to the market (Swine Flu in 1976) the vaccine resulted in many cases of paralysis (Guillain-Barre Syndrome) and death. Twenty-three Department of Justice (DOJ) lawyers were assigned just to handle all the lawsuits. Why the Justice Department? That’s because the vaccine manufacturer refused to release the vaccine unless they were guaranteed freedom from lawsuits. The US government therefore assumed liability. (In other words, the vaccine was so dangerous that the manufacturer refused to assume liability.)
Once every 3 months the Advisory Commission on Childhood Vaccines meets and issues reports of cases settled for vaccine injuries and deaths. Vaccine Impact publishes these reports each quarter. Past reports can be found here.
For the period 2/16/16 to 5/15/16, 206 cases were decided in the court. 116 of them were detailed in the report.
Eighty-five of the 116 cases settled were for injuries and deaths due to the flu vaccine. The flu vaccine is now the most dangerous vaccine in the US, harming and killing more people than all the other vaccines combined.
Sadly because MDs rarely report vaccine injuries or deaths the number given above represents a tiny fraction of the actual cases that exist. (8)
Did You Know?
Bubble wrap was originally invented as wallpaper? In 1957 engineer Al Fielding and Swiss inventor Marc Chavannes were trying to create a textured wallpaper. They sealed two shower curtains together in order to trap air bubbles. The new wallpaper didn’t sell too well. But three years later a marketer got the idea that it would be a great packing material for IBM to protect its computer in shipment. And the rest, as they say, is history.
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Pain, weakness, numbness and tingling in the arm. Two months before starting chiropractic care a woman began experiencing radicular symptoms in the form of pain, weakness, numbness and tingling in all the fingers in her right hand.
Prior to seeing the chiropractor, the patient saw a medical doctor who took X-rays as well as prescribed anti-inflammatory medication and a steroid injection. In addition, a physical therapist was seen three times per week for finger rehabilitation. Her condition did not change.
An MRI revealed multilevel disc protrusions in her neck, spondylosis and spinal stenosis. It was recommended that she have a surgical evaluation. She refused.
After 26 visits, over a period of 100-days, improvements were observed on both X-ray and MRI along with a reduction in all her symptoms. (9)
Inability to nurse twins. Two weeks after the birth of twin girls the new mother was seen for care. She complained of an inability to initiate a let-down reflex and was not producing enough milk. She also complained of neck, shoulder pain and vasospasms (an arterial spasm restricting blood flow) in her breast.
Chiropractic examination revealed subluxations in her upper thoracic (midback) region and cranial restrictions.
Adjustments were delivered to the thoracic area (T3-T5). The mother immediately felt more sensation in her breast, specifically the nipple and areola. She also reported the ability to relax her shoulders and achieve deeper inhalation during nursing. She produced double the amount of breastmilk as she had previously. She was feeling emotionally more stable and even optimistic about maintaining her nursing schedule with the twins. An updated exam at ten months postpartum showed that she was still successfully nursing both twins. (10)
Cauda equina syndrome in a 7-year-old dachshund. All animals with a spine can develop vertebral subluxations. Like their humans, dogs have subluxations too. In this case a 7-year-old dachshund was experiencing a decrease in appetite, defecation issues, decreased reflexes in his hind legs and could not do a full body shake. Similar symptoms occur in humans with herniated discs and it’s called “cauda equine syndrome.” X-rays confirmed that this dog had an L1/L2 (upper lumbar) disc herniation.
The owner described the dog as always being “a very active dog and still is. He would jump everywhere....” One day the dog started whining and would not jump onto the couch, but rather would lay on the floor and did not eat much. The dachshund had two chiropractic adjustments and all the symptoms were alleviated: hind leg reflexes returned, as did his appetite, and (to the relief of the owner) bladder and bowel control.
After the second visit the owner of the patient reported the dog was “totally back to normal;” he was able to do a full body doggy shake. (11)
I’ve suffered with a bad back for 23 years. I’m 47 years old and there were times I could hardly get out of bed. I have a very physical job, plus I have a family and a big home to take care. I like being active, but I was finding all these things that I like to do was getting very difficult.
I also started having very bad pain in my elbow going down my arm and finding it hard to hold onto things without pain. Since I’ve been coming to Dr. Horning, which has been two weeks, I no longer have the pain in my elbow and I get out of bed with no pain and I don’t feel like I’m 97 years old. I have more energy and feel great. I’m so happy that my sister recommended Dr. Horning. This is such a great alternative than to have any surgery, which I definitely did not want to do.
Thank you Dr. Horning and his wonderful staff! Peggy D.
WORK VS. PRISON
- In prison you spend the majority of your time in an 8x10 cell. At work you spend most of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.
- In prison you get 3 free meals a day. At work you get a break for 1 meal and you have to pay for it.
- In prison you get time off for good behavior. At work you get rewarded for good behavior with more work.
- In prison you can watch TV and play games. At work you get fired for watching TV and playing games.
- In prison a guard locks, unlocks, opens and closes all doors for you. At work you must carry around a security card and unlock and open all doors yourself.
- In prison you get your own toilet. At work you have to share.
- In prison they allow you to visit your family and friends. At work you can't even speak to family and friends.
- In prison all expenses are paid by taxpayers, with no work required. At work, you get to pay all the expenses to go to work and then they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for the prisoners.
- In prison you spend most of your life looking through bars from the inside, wanting to get out. At work you spend most of your time wanting to get out and inside bars.
- In prison you can join many programs which you can leave at any time. At work there are some programs you can never get out of.
- In prison there are wardens who are often sadistic and psychotic. At work we call them "Managers."
Please write or stop by and give us your feedback. Are there any subjects you’d like to hear about? Anything you dislike? Feedback is always important to us. And, of course, if you’d like hard copies of this newsletter stop by the office and we’ll give you some for your friends and relatives. If they have email, have them write to us and we’ll add them to our subscriber list.
1. Meade TW, Dyer S et al. Randomised comparison of chiropractic and hospital outpatients management for low back pain results from extended follow up. BMJ. 1995;311:349-351.
2. Blanks RHI, Schuster TL, Dobson M. A retrospective assessment of network care using a survey of self-rated health, wellness and quality of life. JVSR. 1997;1(4):1-17.
3. Marino MJ, Phillippa ML. A longitudinal assessment of chiropractic care using a survey of self-rated health wellness & quality of life: a preliminary study. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research. 1999;3(2):1-9.
4. Owens EF, Hoiriis KT, Burd D. Changes in general health status during upper cervical chiropractic care: PBR Progress Report. Chirop Res J. 1998;5(1):9-16.
5. Hoiriis KT, Owens EF, Pfleger B. Changes in general health status during upper cervical chiropractic care: a practice-based research project. Chirop Res J. 1997;4(1):18-26.
6. Gedinab F, Danski FG, Egmared T et al. Patient-reported improvements of pain, disability, and health-related quality of life following chiropractic care for back pain – a national observational study in Sweden. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies. 2019;23(2):241-246.
7. Coulter ID et al. Study associates chiropractic with better health in the elderly. Topics in Clinical Chiropractic. 1996:3(2):46-55.
9. Cunico C, Badiou M. Improvement in symptoms and spinal alignment following the pierce results system in a patient with cervical radiculopathy & intervertebral disc derangement: a case study & review of the literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. February 12, 2020:11-25.
10. Baum A. Resolution of milk ejection reflex dysfunction & increased breastmilk supply following chiropractic adjustment in a nursing mother of twins: a case report & review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. March 10, 2020:7-11.
11. Stone-McCoy P, Friedrich S. Resolution of cauda equina syndrome following chiropractic care in a 7-year-old dachshund with lumbar disc herniation: a case study & review of the literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. February 27, 2020:26-32.