March 1, 2021
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation.
Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This Issue’s Table of Contents
- Is it Cold or is it Just Me?
- When is The Best Time to See a Chiropractor?
- Questions and Answers
- Traditional Eating
- Curing Autism and Behavioral Disorders
- Researching Chiropractic
- Did You Know?
- Tylenol, Shampoo, Fertility and Sex
- Success Story
Is It Cold or is it Just Me?
We know spring is coming. But what can we do about the cold that is now? Enjoy it! Winter sports are there for a reason. Eat nutrient dense foods with lots of healthy fat so you’ll generate lots of heat. And at least take a nice walk in the sun and the snow. Oh, and Mom was right; if you feel cold, put on a sweater.
When is The Best Time to See a Chiropractor?
Now is the best time. If you are alive and breathing you are under stress and you may have a painless condition increasing in your body called a subluxation.
What is a subluxation? It is a blockage or distortion of your spine and skeletal system that can irritate your nerves, discs, muscles, joints and even block the energy to your internal organs.
Subluxations prevent you from functioning at 100%. You may have many in your body right now, undermining your health.
Fortunately, there are chiropractors. For over 125 years chiropractors have been the healthcare professionals that specialize in the location and correction (adjustment) of subluxations. The effects of the chiropractic adjustment can be powerful.
That is why chiropractic has become the largest drug-free healing profession in the world.
Since subluxations are usually painless, you never know for sure if you have one or more. Come in for a chiropractic checkup and bring the kids and grandparents to get everyone’s subluxations located, analyzed and corrected. Are you coming in to get healthy while your family is at home waiting to get sick?
The beauty of chiropractic care: we are able to locate and correct subluxations before you get sick or have symptoms.
Questions and Answers
Q: How often should I visit my chiropractor?
A: That depends on your goal. For example, some people only visit their chiropractor when they are feeling sick or in pain or low in energy or depressed. A chiropractic adjustment gives them a natural, healthy lift and they feel great afterwards. Of course, after they experience the slings and arrows of life’s physical and emotional stresses they eventually come back for care.
Isn’t it better to maintain health and prevent dis-ease (body malfunction)? Many people come in for chiropractor care for health maintenance every week or month (sometimes more often). Chiropractic care keeps them humming along like a well-tuned piano. The immune system works better when your body has fewer subluxations.
Which kind of patient are you?
This is a secret hundreds of generations of our ancestors knew and used that made them healthier, stronger and happier. They ate broth filled with marrow and other foods that had cartilage, collagen and gelatin. What are they?
Cartilage is tough, elastic, spongy and springy. It works as a cushion and shock absorber. Then there’s collagen that’s like a glue (connective tissue) that holds your body together and keeps your tendons and ligaments strong. And there’s gelatin that nourishes your skin, hair and nails.
Find out more at https://www.seleneriverpress.com/fish-broth-and-your-thyroid/. A wonderful book for great recipes is Nourishing Broth by Sally Fallon and Kaalya Daniels. Get it and your family will be healthier!!!
Curing Autism and Behavioral Disorders
Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD had an autistic baby. She completely cured him. How? She discovered that nearly all autistic children have abnormal gut flora that can weaken the immune system and cause toxins to leak to the brain leading to attention deficit disorder (ADD), dyslexia, dyspraxia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, as well as autism and other conditions.
Autism doesn’t have to be lifelong. If caught young enough true healing can occur.
Autism appears to be caused by exposure to toxins from vaccines, antibiotics and other chemicals in our environment that damage the gut flora. By healing the gut flora, as Dr. McBride has shown, many children’s brain disorders have been cured.
Dr. McBride developed the Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) program to heal the gut lining. Find out about GAPS at www.GAPSdiet.com.
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seem to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Painful menstrual cramps, shoulder pain and poor sleep. Painful menstrual cramping (dysmenorrhea) affects the majority of women some time in their lives. This is the case of a 37-year-old woman suffering severe menstrual, shoulder and low back pain who sought chiropractic care.
Chiropractic analysis found subluxations at the atlas or C1 (top of the neck and base of the skull), T8 (mid-back area), L1 (upper lumbar area) and sacrum. She had care three times a week for three weeks, then two times a week for 14 weeks.
She reported better sleep as well as a reduction in low back and shoulder pain almost immediately. After a while she stopped having debilitating menstrual cramps and no longer had to take days off from work. Her cycle, which had been five days, decreased to three days. (5)
Failure to thrive. A-13-day-old baby boy was brought in by his distraught parents due to failure to thrive, which can be fatal. He had lost 27 ounces since birth and his parents were providing around the clock care to keep him alive. He was crying most of the time. When the mother attempted to nurse him, the baby would detach from the breast or would fall asleep quick. The mother described her son as lethargic and with a very weak cry. Medical doctors had nothing to offer.
Chiropractic care consisted of upper cervical (neck) adjustments and a left hard palate adjustment. His sacrum was also corrected.
After the first visit, his mother noticed that her baby was able to nurse for a full 45 minutes without “popping off.” She cried due to overwhelming emotions when she explained that the pain she had been feeling was gone and she felt hope for the first time since her child was born.
After three months of care, his weight had doubled, exceeding the standard set by the Mayo Clinic of doubling birth weight by five months old. (6)
Acid reflux, feeding difficulties and sleep disturbance in an infant. A 7-week-old prematurely born baby boy had been born by Caesarean section. He had acid reflux, problems swallowing, difficulty sleeping, problems latching and was spitting up after feeding.
Subluxations were located and corrected. He received nine chiropractic adjustments over 11 weeks to the cervical (neck), thoracic (mid-back) and sacral (lower) regions of his spine.
The acid reflux, feeding difficulties and sleep disturbances were resolved by the second adjustment. (7)
Did You Know?
- The first phonebook only had 50 names? (The book was a page long.)
- Australia is the only continent without an active volcano?
- Honey never spoils?
- 10% of the world’s population is left handed?
- 8% of the world’s population has an extra rib?
- The Aztecs invented popcorn?
- Apples wake you up more than coffee in the morning?
Tylenol, Shampoo, Fertility and Sex
If a woman who’s pregnant with a son takes just one 500 mg acetaminophen (Tylenol™) pill during her second trimester the child is twice as likely to have fertility problems; if she takes more than one type of painkiller, the risk goes up 1,600%. (8)
Other "gender-bending" chemicals that suppress testosterone are called estrogen mimics. They include BPA and plastic-hardening phthalates and polyethylene glycol (found in vaccines). Another product that can affect hormones is sodium lauryl sulfate which is found in many shampoos and soaps.
Estrogen mimics can impair sexual development in boys, and cause early, or “precocious” puberty in girls. Their young bodies interpret the extra estrogen as the call to develop breasts and sexual traits when they’re as young as 7 and 8 years old. And if you’re an adult, your body thinks it’s getting estrogen. You could have low sex drive, gain weight, become infertile or get half a dozen different kinds of cancer. (9)
Back Pain for many years
"Dr Horning and his staff are great! Everyone is so kind & friendly! Dr. Horning knows his stuff! I've had back pain for many years and the difference I feel in the 2 months I have seen him is phenomenal! As well as his help with other health issues I've struggled with for years! I’d recommend this practice to anyone!" Tina C.
- How come Superman could stop bullets with his chest, but always ducked when someone threw a gun at him?
- If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
- Why is it that lemon juice contains mostly artificial ingredients but dishwashing liquid contains real lemons?
- Why buy a product that it takes 2000 flushes to get rid of?
- Why do we wait until a pig is dead to "cure" it?
- Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?
- Why do we put suits in a garment bag and put garments in a suitcase?
- Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
- Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"?
- Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?
- If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?
- When you put cold catsup on hot eggs why does it turn the eggs cold instead of the catsup hot?
- Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?
- How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
- If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?
1. CDC.gov Anaphylaxis following mRNA COVID-19 vaccine receipt (PDF)
2. Annals of Internal Medicine September 2, 2020 DOI: 10.7326/M20-5352
5. Wozniak J, Schultz K. Resolution of dysmenorrhea in a 37-year-old female following chiropractic care to reduce vertebral subluxations: a case study. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. January 20, 2021:1-8.
6. Santos J, Alcantara J. Resolution of failure to thrive in an infant following chiropractic care to reduce vertebral subluxation: a case report & review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. January 6, 2021:1-4.
7. Paris A, Bako S. Resolution of gastroesophageal reflux disease, feeding difficulties, & sleep disturbances in an infant following chiropractic: a case report & review of literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. November 16, 2020:46-49.
8. Kristensen DM et al. Intrauterine exposure to mild analgesics is a risk factor for development of male reproductive disorders in human and rat. Human Reproduction. 2011;(26)1:235-244.
In this world of short attention span people who actually read this entire newsletter deserve a reward. Here it is.
I just found out I'm colorblind. The diagnosis came completely out of the purple.
Claustrophobic people are more productive thinking out of the box.
Smoking will kill you... Bacon will kill you... But, smoking bacon will cure it.