March 1, 2018
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation.
Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This issue’s table of contents
- The magic of retracing
- Questions and answers about chiropractic
- Is this year’s flu really that bad?
- Cancer is not a genetic disorder
- Nourishing traditions
- Researching chiropractic
- Success Story
The Magic of Retracing
Retracing is a fascinating healing phenomenon that is found in all natural healing arts. It is seen as a person develops increased balance, harmony and strength. It is especially seen in chiropractic. What exactly is it?
Retracing is when old physical injuries, emotional pain, stress and toxins leave the body as it heals. It is a wonderful thing, even though it may feel uncomfortable, because in its wake it leaves a healthier, stronger, cleaner and happier person. The phrase “better out than in” is a good description of retracing.
Sometimes retracing is dramatic – people laugh or cry, feel old aches and pains, relive an accident or trauma or detoxify with diarrhea, vomiting, fever and flu-like symptoms. That is rare, but when it occurs it is often seen in a person with a lot of vitality who has the strength to handle it.
Sometimes retracing is subtle. A person who may feel “no different” after an adjustment and then have powerful dreams that evening is releasing deep emotional stress. Or conversely, they may report better sleep than they had in years. Retracing is a very individual affair.
But don’t let it scare you. Sometimes patients have contemplated leaving care because of it. Don’t! It’s good for you and it means you are on the right path to healing. If you experience any uncomfortable symptoms after care please bring it to our attention. Retracing is almost always temporary and you’ll feel much better after it passes.
Why discuss dehydration in the dead of winter? We sweat more in summer but winter usually causes more dehydration. Why? Unless you live and work with hot water radiators for heat you are subjected to hot air and it’s dehydrating. Our cars also use dry hot air.
Some of the symptoms of dehydration include dry mouth, headache, dark urine, hunger, dry skin, high blood pressure, aches and pains.
People are often surprised that hunger is a sign of dehydration, but you’ll find your hunger pangs will often disappear when you’ve had a glass or two of water. Keep yourself from dehydration this winter. (1)
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
Question: Who needs chiropractic care?
Chiropractic is like good nutrition: very important if you aren’t sick or suffering but vitally important if you have any health challenges.
Don’t wait until you have serious symptoms; chiropractic can locate hidden problems (subluxations) now before they become obvious. That is especially important for babies, children, the elderly and everyone in between.
Is This Year’s Flu Really So Bad?
The headlines are certainly scary. For example: Some Medical Experts Are Predicting the Worst Flu Season in History,” says the CNBC headline. (Talk about “fake news.”)
Time’s hysterical headline is Here’s Why the Flu Is Especially Bad This Year. The Washington Post proclaims: Five Things You Should Know About This Year’s Very Bad Flu.
But Center for Disease Control (CDC) officials say the epidemic has probably peaked. (2). If true, we’ve had one of the mildest flu seasons in many years. Pediatric deaths reported by the CDC to date are lower than prior years. But a headline telling people that doesn’t sell a useless, dangerous flu vaccine.
Cancer is Not a Genetic Disorder
Human genome studies have revealed that we have approximately 250 oncogenes (genes that promote tumor growth) and 700 tumor suppressor genes (genes that get rid of tumors). Cancer in this view represents approximately one million different genes with millions of “mutations.” There is no unique “cancer gene” and cancer appears to be a disease of the cell and its metabolism, not the nuclear (genetic) materials. (3)
The ketogenic diet is a powerful, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer diet. The more good quality fats and oils you eat (butter, cream, tallow, lard, avocado, coconut, etc.) and the less carbohydrates (sugars) you eat, the healthier, thinner and more energetic you will be. The high fat, moderate protein, very low carb diet is referred to as the ketogenic diet because when your body digests fats (from food and from your own waistline) you produce ketones that are a better source of energy than carbohydrates anyway.
Just be careful to avoid unhealthy fats and oils such as margarine, Crisco®, canola, corn oil, soy oil and other commercial oils. Go to www.westonaprice.org for more information. Consider coconut when using oils.
Here are some coconut oil fat facts that’ll keep you healthy and happy:
- Saturated fats, and most particularly coconut oil, are an important part of the human diet. Recent research suggests coconut oil may help control Crohn’s disease by improving your gut microbiome.
- Studies show coconut oil also supports healthy thyroid function, promotes heart health and healthy brain function, boosts immune function and energy, aids weight loss and much more.
- Coconut oil is an excellent choice for cooking, as it can resist heat-induced damage. Processed vegetable oils produce oxidized cholesterol and toxic cyclic aldehydes and acrylamide when heated.
- “Bulletproof coffee” is a brain-boosting high-performance beverage you can easily make by adding MCT oil or coconut oil and grass-fed, unsalted butter or ghee to black, organic coffee or a coffee substitute such as Dandy Blend™.
- Coconut oil is a natural, inexpensive and safe replacement for moisturizers, hair masks, shaving lotion, cleansers, makeup removers, body scrub, toothpaste and much more.
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Ear infection in a 10-year-old. This boy suffered from fluid-filled ears, allergies and sleep disturbances. He was prescribed Flonase® and Zyrtec® for his allergies. His parents brought him in for chiropractic care.
A chiropractic examination found a loss of normal neck curve, sacrum misalignment, and subluxations in the upper back (3rd thoracic or T3), lower (lumbar) spine and the base of the skull.
The child was adjusted at T3. His ear started draining immediately and continued draining for the next two days. After two weeks of care X-rays were retaken and showed restoration of normal neck curve and alignment of the sacrum and pelvis. The child’s otitis media resolved. (4)
Resolution of Raynaud’s Syndrome. A 29-year-old woman had been suffering from cold, stiff hands with discoloration for the previous 10 years as well as intermittent spinal stiffness.
She had subluxation-based chiropractic care for 11 weeks that added up to 15 visits. Both pre and post x-ray studies were utilized to show correction of abnormal curvature of the spine and pelvis.
After 15 visits, she had significant improved neurological function and symptom relief of Raynaud’s Syndrome. (5)
Tremors in a Great Dane. Chiropractic has been used since its inception for pets and farm animals (and even zoo animals). In this report, a three-week-old male Great Dane suffering from tremors received chiropractic care.
The dog’s subluxations were corrected using an adjusting instrument and Immediately after the correction the Great Dane fell asleep. Three days later there was a marked improvement and two-weeks later the tremors completely resolved. (6)
Stenosis and hand pain in a 74-year old woman. A 74-year-old woman had been diagnosed with moderate neck (cervical) stenosis that was compressing the nerves going to her upper extremities. Her symptoms included inability to turn her head fully, and numbness, tingling and nerve pain down her left arm and into her 3rd, 4th and 5th fingers. She had been suffering from these symptoms for one year.
She began chiropractic care and subluxations were discovered at multiple spinal levels. She had 15 adjustments over an eight-week period. She reported less numbness and tingling in her left arm and an increased cervical range of motion (ability to turn her head). (7)
Eczema in 6 year old
My 6 year old has suffered with severe to mild eczema since he was a month old.
Doctors have just given us prescription steroid cream to treat his flare ups. We tried everything to clear up his spots and nothing made it better.
James has been seeing Dr. Horning for about 4 months, is taking the mighty mins vitamins and has seen drastic improvements in his skin.
We have not had to use anything other than regular lotion to keep his skin clear since he has been getting adjusted.
His breathing and asthma has also improved. Heidi B
From The Funniest Thing You Never Said by Rosemarie Jarski. London, UK: Ebury Press, 2004.
- I like to do all the talking myself. It saves time and prevents arguments. Oscar Wilde
- Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing. Robert Benchley
- He talks so fast that listening to him is like trying to read Playboy magazine with your wife turning the pages. Barry Goldwater
- Oscar Night at my house is known as Passover. Bob Hope.
- Two Americans have been awarded the Nobel Prize for Economics. They are the first to figure out all the charges on their phone bill. Jay Leno
- To cut a long story short, there’s nothing like having the boss walk in. Doris Lily
- My wife had a dozen sex change operations, but couldn’t find anything she liked. Wood Allen
- If your husband has difficulty getting to sleep, the words, “we need to talk about our relationship” may help. Rita Rudner
Please write or stop by and give us your feedback. Are there any subjects you’d like to hear about? Anything you dislike? Feedback is always important to us. And, of course, if you’d like hard copies of this newsletter stop by the office and we’ll give you some for your friends and relatives. If they have email, have them write to us and we’ll add them to our subscriber list.
- Ira R. Byock IR. Patient refusal of nutrition and hydration: walking the ever-finer line. American Journal Hospice & Palliative Care. March/April 1995;8-13.
- Ware WR. Natural cancer therapy and prevention targeted on cancer cells and cancer stem cells based on the cytochrome P450 enzyme CYP1B1. Alternative Therapies in Health & Medicine. 2017;23(5):50-58.
- Cooper J, Howell L. Resolution of otitis media in 10-year-old child following improved cervical curve using pierce results system: case study & review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2017;2:93-108.
- Jaszewskin E, Bolar R. Resolution of Raynaud’s phenomenon & improved cervical curve following chiropractic care to reduce vertebral subluxation using the Pierce Results System™. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. January 22, 2018:4-11.
- Giggleman G, Shiver A. Resolution of orthostatic intention tremors in a 3-week-old male Great Dane following chiropractic: a case report & review of the literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. February 5, 2018:29-37.
- Jin J, Chuah H, Sherson M. Improvement in symptoms of cervical radiculopathy in an older adult receiving chiropractic care for vertebral subluxations: a case study. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. January 4, 2018:1-3.
You read this far down – you deserve a bonus.
She asks: "Tell me Dad, how are you managing with the new iPad we gave you for your birthday?"
Although the language is German, it is totally understandable in any language. View it here: http://www.snotr.com/embed/8965