In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This Issue’s Table of Contents
- What are your resolutions?
- America’s Great Blessing
- Chiropractic and the “Spanish flu”
- Chiropractic and Exercise: Perfect for Fibromyalgia
- Questions and Answers
- … Just the Essentials
- Traditional Eating
- Did You Know?
- Researching Chiropractic
- Success Story
What are your resolutions?
This is the time of the year many of us set and forget resolutions we made to improve ourselves.
More exercise? Meditation/, lose weight?
A fascinating way to get rid of a bad habit is to not try to change it: just observe it.
You might find this amazing but just observing a bad habit without judgement, can be very healing. They key is not judging yourself! Accept yourself and love yourself and you’ll tap into healing potential.
Be good to yourself. You are human and have weaknesses and strengths. Accept yourself. You were put on this earth for a reason even if you don’t know why,
Is it really possible to change a habit? According to a study published in the European Journal of Social Psychology, it takes 18 to 254 days for a person to form a new habit. So be patient with yourself. (1)
Accept yourself as you are and you’ll release lots of energy and have more and more healing. The great thing is that you can start right now! A little self-acceptance and compassion goes a long, long way.
America’s great blessing
America was blessed with the most amazing combination of people with wisdom, courage, strength and faith and they all came together to confront and defeat the most powerful empire in the world Some of them were quite young.
Chiropractic and the “Spanish flu”
Since chiropractic’s founding in 1895 it has become more popular with every passing year. However not many people know that chiropractic “exploded” in popularity due to its success during the 1919-1920 “Spanish flu.”
Millions of people did die during that “pandemic” under medical care. The medical profession reported as much as 30%-40% mortality using drug therapy, (which consisted of massive amounts of aspirin, lots of cough suppressants and other chemicals to prevent the body from generating symptoms that the body needed to restore balance.
The chiropractic profession reported a .25% (or less) death rate. That means less than one quarter of 1% of people. Read more about this at Koren T. Killer Flu or Killer Aspirin? Oct 1, 2019. https://korenwellness.com/blog/1918-flu-killer-flu-killer-aspirin/
Chiropractic adjustments that permit your body to function more efficiently and chiropractors respect the body. Unlike the medical profession chiropractors gave no symptom suppressing drugs. Drugs are like subluxations; they prevent your body from functioning properly.
Now you know why chiropractic has become the most popular drug-free healing profession in the world today: it works! It’s safe! It’s gentle! It’s drug-free!
Try it, you’ll like it! Call us for an appointment and don’t forget to bring in everyone, from the babies to the great-grandparents.
Chiropractic & Exercise: Perfect for Fibromyalgia
Regular chiropractic visits can actually help fibromyalgia patients adhere to long-term physical-therapy programs, thereby ensuring that patients receive the full benefits of exercise.
In a 2009 study (2), 55 women with fibromyalgia ages 21-59 years old were divided into two groups: some completed resistance training and the others received chiropractic adjustments in addition to doing resistance training. Both groups improved significantly with increased upper and lower body strength, decreased pain and tender points, and an improved ability to perform everyday tasks. But the patients who received chiropractic care were more likely to follow the exercise program consistently. They also had more significant improvements in functionality, balance, flexibility, and endurance.
This study confirmed the power of exercise and resistance training to ease the pain of fibromyalgia. At the same time, it demonstrates that combining chiropractic adjustments and physical therapy may enhance the benefits of both treatments.
Questions and Answers
Q. Do babies benefit from chiropractic care?
A. Absolutely - all children (including babies) benefit from a chiropractic check-up, and, if needed, adjustment/correction. What can cause a child’s spine to have subluxations? Let us count the ways: first there is the stress of being in the womb. If the mother’s pelvis is not properly balanced the baby may not be able to turn and a breech presentation may occur. That’s why pregnant women find that getting chiropractic care can help turn the baby so it is in the best possible position for a healthy delivery.
Then there’s the trauma of birth. Some deliveries are not as natural as they can be. Sometimes forceps are used or too much stress is placed on the baby’s spine. Chiropractic can should be employed immediately after birth.
They of course there’s the stress of learning to walk, falls, accidents and life’s bumps - childhood can be a very traumatic time. For these and many other reasons, all children need chiropractic care. Why wait until adulthood to correct their spinal subluxations?
… Just the Essentials
Essential Oils with Scientifically Proven Health Benefits
The essential oils market was valued at more than $7 billion globally in 2017, and it is predicted to reach the same level in the United States by 2024. Essential oils are commonly used for aromatherapy, but they may also be used topically (on the skin) for various uses. While the prominence of essential oils may appear to be a passing fad, scientific proof of their health benefits exists.
Here are just 2 of the many essential oils:
Lavender essential oil
As is the case with many essential oils, there are various varieties of lavender essential oil. The most common variety is Lavandula angustifolia. According to studies, lavender essential oil possesses antibacterial properties. Lavender oil was shown to destroy a prevalent bacteria on human skin in just five minutes in one research. Lavender essential oil has also been demonstrated to kill yeast and viral pathogens that cause skin diseases. Lavender aromatherapy has been proven to help with sleeplessness and contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities, according to a study (3).
Frankincense essential oil
For thousands of years, Frankincense oil has been utilized in aromatherapy. It is used as incense in religious rituals, and research (4) has shown that it has natural antibacterial characteristics and may be used as an air cleaner. Boswellic acid, one of the primary components of frankincense essential oil, has been discovered to have anti-tumor activities in studies. Researchers discovered that frankincense oil inhibited bladder cancer cell development while causing no damage to normal bladder cells in one investigation.
The number one superfood: Cod liver oil.
Once a standard supplement in traditional European societies, cod liver oil provides fat-soluble vitamins A and D, which Dr. Price found present in the diet of “primitives” in amounts ten times higher than the typical American diet of his day. Cod liver oil supplements are a must for women and their male partners, to be taken for several months before conception, and for women during pregnancy. Growing children will also benefit greatly from a small daily dose.
Read more at: https://www.westonaprice.org/cod-liver-oil/
Did you know?
At local taverns, pubs, and bars, people drank from pint and quart-sized containers. A bar maid's job was to keep an eye on the customers and keep the drinks coming. She had to pay close attention and remember who was drinking in 'pints' and who was drinking in 'quarts,' hence the phrase 'minding your 'P's and Q's'
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seem to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Balance, coordination, and neurological problems in a 65-year-old man. A 65-year-old retired man was suffering from balance and coordination problems. He was given neurological tests that confirmed nervous system stress.
He sought out chiropractic care where he received a spinal analysis. It revealed the presence of vertebral subluxations. The patient received chiropractic adjustments to release/reduce his subluxations and began to show immediate improvements in balance, coordination, and ability to complete neurological tests. He had been unable to complete the tests during the initial exam. (5)
Woman with trigeminal neuralgia. A 30-year-old woman was suffering from trigeminal neuralgia (also known as tic-douloureux). Trigeminal Neuralgia is an extremely painful condition in which the facial nerve is highly inflamed. It has been called the “suicide disease” because the extreme pain has led some sufferers to take their own lives!
The patient visited a chiropractor that reduced her vertebral (atlas or C-1) subluxation. The patient reported that by her tenth visit she was no longer suffering from TN. (6)
Lower back pain and degenerative joint disease. A 59-year-old man diagnosed with degenerative joint disease and suffering from chronic lower back pain visited a chiropractor. The Doctor of Chiropractic used various spinal adjustment techniques to correct his subluxations. The patient showed improvement in all his subjective and objective findings within six visits, better immune function, increased energy as well as an increase in his disc height at multiple spinal levels. (7)
I've been going to Dr. Horning for coming up on 10 years now. He has helped me greatly with any food sensitivities and any health issue that you can imagine. He does a great job at coming up with a quick and efficient solution and explains everything in great detail. I can't recommend him enough! Maria N.
Puns for Educated Minds
We’re sure some of these will make you groan but we bet that a least a couple would impress you.
1. The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table-was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
2. I thought I saw an eye-doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.
3. She was only a whisky-maker, but he loved her still.
4. A rubber-band pistol was confiscated from an algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.
5. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
6. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.
7. Two silkworms had a race. They ended up in a tie.
8. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
9. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
10. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other: 'You stay here; I'll go on a head.'
11. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
12.A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: 'Keep off the Grass.'
13. A backward poet writes inverse.
14. In a democracy it's your vote that counts. In feudalism it's your count that votes.
15. If you jumped off a bridge in Paris, you'd be in Seine.
16. A vulture carrying two dead raccoons boards an Airplane. The stewardess looks at him and says, 'I'm sorry, sir, only one carrion allowed per passenger.'
17. Two fish swam into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says, 'Dam!'
18. Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says, 'I've lost my electron.' The other says, 'Are you sure?' The first replies, 'Yes, I'm positive.'
19. A person who sent ten puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.
1. Lally P, van Jaarsveld C, Wardle, HWW.
How are habits formed: Modelling habit formation in the real world. Eur. J. Soc. Psychol. 40, 998–1009 (2010).
2. Panton LB, Figueroa A, Kingsley JD, et al. “Effects of resistance training and chiropractic treatment in women with fibromyalgia.” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 15.3 (2009): 321-328.
3. Effect of Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) Essential Oil on Acute Inflammatory Response (nih.gov) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5878871/)
4. Frankincense--therapeutic properties - PubMed (nih.gov) (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27117114/)
5. Scheer A. Improvement in Balance and Coordination in an Elderly Patient Following Chiropractic Care: A Case Report & Review of the Literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research ~ Volume 2021 ~ December 6 ~ Pages 68-75.
6. Sweat M & McDowell B Reducti on of Trigeminal Neuralgia Symptoms Following Atlas Orthogonal Chiropractic Care: A Case Report. Journal of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Research ~ June 23, 2014, Pages 34-41.
7. Syn G, Harper JD, Fedorchuk C. Increase in Disc Height and Autonomic Function in a 59-year-old Male Undergoing Chiropractic Care. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research ~ April 13, 2015, Pages 34-38