December 1, 2020
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This Issue’s Table of Contents
- Do Not Be Afraid
- Do You Breathe? Why Aren’t You Sick All The Time?
- Follow the Science
- Vaccination During Pregnancy—Untested, Unsafe But Recommended
- Traditional Eating
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Did You Know?
- Researching Chiropractic
- Success Story
Do Not Be Afraid
We’re beginning this newsletter on a positive note to put you at ease. Too much unscientific misinformation has been filling the airwaves, filling the internet, filling our ears and scaring people. Read on, take a deep breath and enjoy yourself; you were meant to be perfectly happy and healthy your entire life. Chiropractic can help you get to your ideal state by locating serious blockages—subluxations—that lurk in your spine. Why is that so important? Because germs cannot infect a healthy body.
Do You Breathe? Why Aren’t You Sick All The Time?
Here’s an example showing that germs are all around us and don’t, by themselves, make us sick. A study in Proceedings of the National Academy of Science showed that the air we breathe has approximately 1,800 different species of bacteria. Think of that—with every breath we are inhaling hundreds if not over 1,000 microorganisms. (1)
So we must ask, if we are always breathing in loads of germs, why aren't we sick all the time?
The answer is that germs won’t bother us if we are healthy. They actually serve a purpose. Germs don't make us sick. Sickness attracts germs to grow and reproduce (infect). Germs feed on weak, toxic, damaged tissues to help us regain health. When we say “germs” we include viri, bacteria and many other microorganisms.
The face diapers (masks) so many are wearing are making people sick by weakening their body tissues and setting the stage for fungal, strep and staph infections. Masks don’t prevent disease. The World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control finally admit that wearing a mask doesn’t prevent infectious disease.
In a recent Center for Disease Control (CDC) Study it was found that 85% of coronavirus patients reported wearing masks ‘always’ or ‘often’. (2)
How does chiropractic care fit into this? Chiropractors locate and release deep stress so that you stay strong and healthy and can handle life’s stresses better. Come in for an adjustment so your stress levels drop.
Vaccination During Pregnancy—Untested, Unsafe And Recommended
No vaccine has been tested for safety during pregnancy and yet the US government is recommending pregnant women get vaccines. Since that policy change the number of fetal deaths has exceeded postnatal deaths for the first time in statistical reporting in the US.
How many are killed and permanently injured in the womb and their parents will never suspect the involvement of vaccines? Will miscarriages or children who are born with multiple birth defects and congenital issues ever be counted in the official toll of vaccine victims?
If you know of someone who is currently pregnant or is thinking of getting pregnant sometime in the future, please share this information with them. (3-4)
Forget drugs—the most powerful cancer fighters ever discovered are naturally-occurring vitamins A, D and K2. This powerful combination is found in cod liver oil, fish liver oils, chicken and beef liver, eggs, butter and ghee. Desiccated liver can supplement people who don’t like the taste of cooked liver. Vitamin K2 is important because it improves the effectiveness of A and D. Vitamin A was discussed last month and K2 will be discussed in a future issue.
Vitamin D and Cancer
Low vitamin D significantly increases overall cancer risk. (5) A fascinating study found that the more vitamin D you make from sunshine, the lower your chances are of dying from 15 kinds of cancer (6) and yet another study found that vitamin D production in the skin decreases stomach, colorectal, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, lung, breast, prostate, bladder and kidney cancers. (7)
Other benefits of vitamin D:
- Enhances mood
- Boosts your immune system
- Prevents bone and muscle weakness
- Dramatically lowers risk of heart disease
- Prevents diabetes
- Fights arthritis, pain and inflammation
- Helps prevent Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis
And it’s free—just get in the sun or eat the right foods.
Did You Know?
- Japan is suffering from a ninja shortage?
The Japanese city of Ninja, which has a rich history of martial arts masters and claims to be the birthplace of the ninja, is suffering from a ninja shortage, despite the fact that they're willing to pay salaries as high as $85,000 for the performing ninjas willing to take on the job of staffing their annual ninja festival.
- There was a prehistoric dragonfly with wings that spanned more than two feet?
More than 300 million years ago, the meganeura established itself as the largest known flying insect to ever exist on Earth. The dragonfly-like creature had a wingspan that stretched around 2.5 feet. The bugs were also big enough to hunt prey like frogs and newts which it could eat with its teeth-like mandibles.
- Where does gossip come from?
Early politicians required feedback from the public to determine what the people considered important. Since there were no telephones, TVs or radios, the politicians sent their assistants to local taverns, pubs and bars.
They were told to “go sip” some ale and listen to people's conversations and political concerns. Many assistants were dispatched at different times. “You go sip here” and “You go sip there.” The two words 'go sip' were eventually combined when referring to the local opinion and, thus we have the word gossip.
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seem to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Morton’s neuroma. Morton's neuroma is a nerve tumor in the foot. It is a painful condition that people describe as “walking on a marble.” It usually affects the ball of the foot, often between the 3rd and 4th toes and feels like a sharp, burning pain. The toes also may sting, burn or feel numb. The medical or podiatric approach is to give corticosteroid (cortisone) injections or perform surgery to cut out the tumor.
This is the case of a 63-year-old woman who suffered with Morton’s neuroma in her right foot for ten years. She sought chiropractic care for a variety of health complaints.
For one month her vertebral subluxations were addressed and reduced using specific chiropractic care. During this period her Morton’s neuroma symptoms completely disappeared and in addition, she reported improvement in her digestion, sleep and ability to move without pain. (8)
Failure to thrive, oral thrush and inconsolable crying in a 4-month-old. The baby was medically diagnosed with “Failure to thrive” (FTT) because her weight or size was significantly below that of other children of similar age and gender.
She was reported to have had birth trauma from a nuchal cord—the umbilical cord was completely wrapped around her neck (360 degrees).
The child was 4-months-old when she was brought to the chiropractor. She was suffering from inconsolable crying, oral thrush (an overgrowth of the fungus candida albicans in the mouth and throat), chronic diarrhea and she was dangerously underweight.
Chiropractic examination detected vertebral subluxations at C1-C4 (upper neck) and T3-T4 (upper back). The child received chiropractic adjustments from the first visit and afterwards was checked for vertebral subluxations that were corrected when indicated for seven weeks.
Her FTT symptoms began to resolve after the first visit and completely resolved by the seventh week of care. (9)
Hypothyroidism reduction under chiropractic care. A 44-year-old woman was complaining of upper shoulder pain and pain between her shoulder blades after a motor vehicle accident. The accident had occurred 23 years earlier! She had also been taking Armour® Thyroid in order to treat symptoms of low thyroid function (hypothyroidism).
Her spinal X-rays revealed a 80.7% loss of normal neck curve (hypolordosis) in addition to vertebral subluxations.
She received spinal adjustments over a seven-month period to reduce her subluxations and to improve her spinal and postural alignment.
Thirty days into care she began exhibiting symptoms of an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism). Her chiropractor suggested that she have her thyroid function checked by her endocrinologist to see if her prescribed thyroid medication should be re-evaluated.
After evaluation, the patient's endocrinologist instructed her to significantly reduce her taking of her thyroid medication. (10)
Outstanding results in 2 weeks!
Prior to visiting Dr Horning, I tore a muscle in my foot and was in a great deal of pain. I went to a podiatrist and an orthopedic who couldn’t help me. For weeks I was in pain and on crutches. After several doctor appointments to a well known orthopedic establishment and not seeing any results or progressing I began to see Dr. Horning.
After about 2 weeks I began to feel less pain and began to walk.
I look forward to meeting with Dr. Horning each week because of the OUTSTANDING results that I’m seeing as well as feeling! Mike T.
- If you think nobody cares whether you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.
- The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can go in a robe before you start looking like a mental patient.
- Money can't buy happiness, but it keeps the kids in touch.
- The reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet was because nobody was married. Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Earnest T Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara and, of course, Opie were all single. The only married person was Otis & he was a drunk.
1. Brodie EL, DeSantis TZ, Parker JPM et al. Urban aerosols harbor diverse and dynamic bacterial populations. Proceedings of the Natural Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.
January 2, 2007;104(1):299-304. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0608255104
3. MacDorman MF, Gregory ECW. Fetal and perinatal mortality: United States, 2013. National Vital Statistics Reports. July 23, 2015;64(8):1-23. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_08.pdf
5. Ordóñez J, Schöttker B, Haug U et al. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin d and cancer risk in older adults: results from a large German prospective cohort study." Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2013 May;22(5):905-16.
6. Grant WB et al. The association of solar ultraviolet B (UVB) with reducing risk of cancer: multifactorial ecologic analysis of geographic variation in age-adjusted cancer mortality rates. Anticancer Research. 2006;26:2687-2700.
7. Tuohimaa P et al. Does solar exposure, as indicated by the non-melanoma skin cancers, protect from solid cancers: vitamin D as a possible explanation. Eur. J. Cancer. July 2007;43(11):1701-1712.
8. Lanoue B, Treahy-Geofreda T, Russell D. Resolution of Morton’s Neuroma in an elderly patient receiving Activator Methods chiropractic technique to correct subluxation: a case study. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. January 4, 2016:1-5.
9. Neally R, Alcantara J. Resolution of failure to thrive in a 4-month-old infant following adjustment of subluxation: case study & selective review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2015;4:149-153.
10. Bak AD, Engelhardt PR. Improvement in cervical curve and hypothyroidism following reduction of subluxation utilizing Chiropractic Biophysics: a case study & selective review of the literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. December 10, 2015:226-237.