In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This Issue’s Table of Contents
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Colds, Flu and Chiropractic
- There are Benefits to Getting Colds and Flu
- The Original Superfood – Cod Liver Oil
- Researching Chiropractic
- Did You Know?
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
Question: How many nerves come out of your spine?
Answer: A lot. About 100 billion nerve cells (neurons) are in your spinal cord. Neurons are specialized cells that transmit and receive electrical impulses. They are like wires and can be as much as a few feet long or a fraction of an inch long. All 100 billion are packed into your spinal cord that is a little thicker than a pencil. Your spinal cord goes down your spine or backbone.
Your nerves inside the backbone branch off from your spinal cord and travel through little holes between your spinal bones (vertebra). These nerves connect your brain to your heart, lungs, kidneys, muscles, intestines, glands and all your other body parts.
Your brain and nerves coordinate the function of all the organs in your body so you function as a whole – so your organs all communicate with each other and all your systems work together.
But if your nerves are stressed by your spine being out of proper alignment then you will have nerve interference; messages won’t travel properly through your body. Chiropractors refer to this as a subluxation.
As a result of subluxations, your body won’t be able to function at 100% efficiency and you’ll suffer from dis-ease: your resistance may be lowered; your muscles may not work properly; your balance, brain, vision, hearing, digestion and hundreds of other things may be adversely affected.
Chiropractors are specially trained to locate and correct (adjust) subluxations. Come in for a checkup, and bring your family to make sure they are subluxation-free.
Colds, Flu and Chiropractic
Chiropractic for the flu and common cold? Absolutely! “But isn’t chiropractic just for backs?” we hear you ask. Chiropractic is for the entire body. Many people seeing chiropractors for pain find a general improvement in their health that includes fewer and less severe colds, flu and other respiratory problems.
What Causes the Common Cold?
It’s not just germs. For germs to grow in you, you must first be fertile soil. For example, cold viruses were placed on the mucous lining of the nose in test subjects, yet only 12% got a cold. (1) Obviously, there is more to the cold than germs. For that reason, chiropractic doesn’t “treat” the common cold. It does, however, help awaken your inner healer, your natural resistance – the only “cure.” Natural resistance is the only reason why your cold goes away rather than lasts for weeks, months, years or your entire lifetime!
Chiropractic helps raise your natural resistance to disease by removing a serious interference to your proper body function: subluxations, permitting your body’s natural resistance to disease (immunity) to function at greater efficiency.
There are numerous case histories of chronic cold and flu sufferers having less or no colds after chiropractic care. (2-4) If you want protection from colds and flu, see your chiropractor for natural healing and prevention!
There Are Benefits to Getting Colds and Flu
It’s been said that there can be no cure for the common cold because the common cold is the cure. This is nothing new or really unusual. This approach has been known for thousands of years. Hippocrates, the “father” of medicine wrote: "Diseases are crises of purification, of toxic elimination. Symptoms are the natural defenses of the body. We call them diseases, but in fact they are the cure of diseases."
Symptoms are defense mechanisms, helping us detoxify and destroy infection. An infectious disease leaves a healthier person in its wake. In one study, a history of common colds or influenza was associated with less stomach, colon, rectum, breast and ovarian cancer. (5)
Other researchers found that having two childhood viral infections reduces the coronary risk by 40%, four infections reduced it by 60% and six viral infections lowered the risk by 90%. (6)
If you have a cold come in for chiropractic care. A chiropractic adjustment could make the difference between a quick recovery and a lingering illness. Especially do not interfere with your body’s natural healing ability with drugs; permit the symptoms of colds and flu to take their natural course. Do everything to give comfort and build up your natural immunity (chiropractic, hydration, essential oils, homeopathy, rest). The result will be a healthier and stronger body.
The Original Superfood – Cod Liver Oil
This article should be read by all who want healthy babies and children. This was a part of nutrition – but has been (almost) lost.
Once a standard supplement in traditional European societies, cod liver oil provides fat-soluble vitamins A and D, which Dr. Price found present in the diet of “primitives” in amounts ten times higher than the typical American diet of his day. Cod liver oil supplements are a must for women and their male partners, to be taken for several months before conception, and for women during pregnancy. Growing children will also benefit greatly from a small daily dose.
Dr. Price always gave cod liver oil with high-vitamin butter oil…. He found that cod liver oil on its own was relatively ineffective but combined with butter oil produced excellent results. We now know that butter oil is an excellent source of vitamin K, which is needed to balance vitamins A and D in cod liver oil. Other good sources of vitamin K in western diets are aged cheeses and the fat and livers of ducks and geese; other sources include butter and egg yolks. Without the balance of vitamin K, cod liver oil could lead to heart troubles, bone problems, tooth decay and gum disease. (7)
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Food allergies and other complaints. An 8-year-old girl who suffered from hip pain for six months and internal foot rotation for three years was brought in for care. She also suffered from peanut, pecan and walnut allergies.
After thirty-eight weeks of chiropractic care, her hip pain cleared up, her internal foot rotation was improved and her allergies had dramatically decreased. (8)
Sleep apnea and chiropractic care. Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is described as loud snoring, choking and awakening due to gasping that occurs especially during dreaming and may repeat all night. It is believed to be due to a loss of tone in the upper throat muscles. People with OSA have a greater chance of getting into car accidents (because of lack of sleep) and a greater risk of heart attack and stroke. CPCP therapy, placing a mask over the face, is a popular treatment (not a cure). Even throat surgery has been used.
In this case, a 51-year-old man suffering from OSA for eight years began chiropractic care. He began to see improvement after three visits and after 33 visits his OSA completely resolved. (9)
Resolution of plagiocephaly in a 4-month-old male. Plagiocephaly (Greek for oblique head) is a common skull deformity seen at birth in as many as 61% of deliveries. They are often the product of stress applied on the skull during difficult delivery associated with forceps or vacuum-assisted delivery.
Conventional treatment methods for plagiocephaly include and are not limited to skull-molding helmets, osteopathy, physical and positional therapy, botox injections into the muscles and surgery.
In this case, a 4-month old baby boy had plagiocephaly and in addition could barely move his neck. Chiropractic examination revealed subluxations at the upper neck (C1) and the sacrum. They were corrected. Improved neck motion was observed immediately and the plagiocephaly completely resolved. (10)
I have had bad headaches for a long, long time. My mom took me to the chiropractor and in one treatment they had disappeared. I, feel so much better.
THANKS DR. HORNING
HB (11 yrs. old)
Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School: I think I'm attracted to teachers. Yeah, I took out an English teacher. That didn't work out at all. I sent her a love letter ... she corrected it!
From Church Bulletins (they could have used a better proofreader):
- The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.
- Our youth basketball team is back in action Wednesday at 8 PM in the recreation hall. Come out and watch us kill Christ the King.
- Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
- The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a conflict.
- Don't let worry kill you off – let the church help.
- Miss Charlene Mason sang "I will not pass this way again," giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
- For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
- The Rector will preach his farewell message after which the choir will sing "Break Forth into Joy."
1. Chopra D. Quantum Healing. New York: Bantam Books. 1989:142.
2. Absence of T-cells, immune dysfunction, has colds all the time. International Chiropractic Pediatric Association newsletter. November 1996.
3. Aguilar AL, Grostic JD, Pfleger B. Chiropractic care and behavior in autistic children. Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics. 2000;5(1):293-304.
4. Bofshever, H. Case history. International Chiropractic Pediatric Association newsletter. Nov/Dec 1999.
5. Abel U, Becker N, Angerer R et al. Common infections in the history of cancer patients and controls. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 1991;117(4):339-344.
6. Erkki Pesonen, MD, University Hospital in Lund, Sweden. Presented at IV World Congress of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery in Buenos Aires, Argentina, September 23, 2005.
8. Korthuis MA. Improved allergen-specific IgE levels in an 8-year-old female following chiropractic care to reduce vertebral subluxation: a case study & selective review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2017;2:82-92.
9. Mankal K, Jenks M. Resolution of obstructive sleep apnea following chiropractic care to reduce vertebral subluxation. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. June 12 2017:113-118.
10. Walker S, Russell D. Resolution of deformational plagiocephaly in a four-month-old male following chiropractic care to reduce subluxations: a case report. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2017;2:78-81.