April 1, 2019
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help.
Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation.
Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This Issue’s Table of Contents
In This Issue …
- What is Health?
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Diaper Danger
- Measles Epidemic Problem?
- Nourishing Foods
- Researching Chiropractic
- Did You Know?
- Success Story
In This Issue …
How does chiropractic improve your health? Lots of reasons why breastfeeding helps baby and mother. Dangerous diapers? Is there really a measles epidemic? And what about your amazing tongue? And more, in this issue.
What is Health?
Chiropractic is a healthcare profession – a profession whose goal is to help you regain and maintain health. How does it do that? First, we need to explain what health is all about.
Health is your body functioning at 100% efficiency on every level. That means you have lots of energy, you can digest foods to obtain nutrients, your immune system is keeping you free from invaders and toxins, your muscles and joints are balanced and your brain is working to keep you awake, alive and happy and communicating with all your body parts.
Communication is important. Your brain sends nerve messages to coordinate the function of every muscle, gland, bone, joint and body part. Your body parts also send messages to your brain so everything knows how things are going.
Chiropractors have recognized a serious communication disorder that prevents your body from working at its optimum: subluxations. Subluxations are areas of spinal, structural and nervous system stress that interfere with your internal communications – interference between your brain, spinal cord and internal organs.
Without good communication, your body begins to malfunction. A subluxation undermines your health, interferes with your ability to function at your optimum and causes dis-ease or body malfunction.
Chiropractors specialize in locating and correcting/adjusting subluxations. Subluxations are often painless – you and your children may have many and not know it – until disease symptoms occur. Make sure you and your family members (especially if they are pregnant) are functioning without subluxations. Come in for a fun, pain-less, drug-free chiropractic checkup.
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
Q. Why do chiropractors encourage breastfeeding?
A. Chiropractic is a natural healing art that recognizes the wisdom of nature. Nature makes a perfect food for baby for optimal brain and body development. It’s called breast milk and the advantages over anything else are many.
Benefits to baby:
- Breastfeeding protects against infections including meningitis, bacteremia, diarrhea, respiratory tract infection, necrotizing enterocolitis, otitis media, urinary tract infection and sepsis in pre-term infants.
- Breastfed babies have less Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (CRIB death).
- Breastfeeding is associated with better grades in high school.
- Breastfed babies have less diabetes, lymphoma, leukemia, Hodgkin disease, obesity and asthma.
- Breastfed babies show enhanced cognitive development.
Benefits to mother:
- Decreased postpartum bleeding
- Faster return to pre-pregnancy weight
- Natural child spacing/family planning
- Decreased risk of breast and ovarian cancer
- Decreased risk of hip fractures and osteoporosis after menopause
- Women in their 60s who breastfed were 10% less likely to develop heart disease, high blood pressure and stroke. (1)
While you’re breastfeeding, keep your child safe from commercial diapers because there are a lot of bad chemicals in them. Commercial baby diapers are contaminated with over 60 toxic chemicals including glyphosate and other cancer-causing chemicals, endocrine disruptors, benzyl alcohol and butylphenyl as well as VOCs (volatile organic compounds), dioxins and furans (found in diesel engines and cigarette smoke).
Stick to organic, natural diapers and tell your friends with babies to check out this information: https://www.naturalhealth365.com/baby-diapers-toxic-chemicals-2879.html
Measles Epidemic Problem?
Measles outbreaks are small, no one is hospitalized, no one dies. Measles is generally a benign childhood rite of passage in nearly all children. What the media is often not telling you is that these recent outbreaks are happening in highly vaccinated populations.
This has been happening for decades. In the1980s and 1990s, measles outbreaks in fully vaccinated children occurred all over the US and other countries.
However, let’s not forget that hundreds of children have died from the measles vaccine. According to a MedAlerts search of the FDA Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) database, as of 2/5/19: the MMR vaccine was linked to at least 1,810 disabilities, 6,902 hospitalizations and 463 deaths. (2)
Since MDs only report 1% of adverse events to VAERS, the real numbers are much higher. (3)
But There’s Good News About Measles
Having measles, mumps, chicken pox and other infectious diseases of childhood protects against cancer, heart disease and other illnesses in adulthood. Measles results in a stronger, cleaner, healthier body with a stronger immune system. Additionally, non-vaccinated children have far less autism, allergies, asthma, ADD and neurological, vision and hearing problems. (4-6)
Conclusion – natural immunity has many benefits over artificial “immunity.”
Diet Sodas and Juices Are Linked to Higher Stroke Risk, Study Says
Researchers found that older women who drank more diet drinks had a higher risk of stroke and heart disease, as well as a higher risk of dying early from any cause, compared to women who drank fewer of the drinks.
Researchers studied data from more than 81,000 post-menopausal women. After an average follow-up of nearly 12 years, the scientists found that women who drank two or more artificially sweetened drinks a day had a 23% higher risk of having any type of stroke, and a 31% increased risk of having a stroke due to clotting in brain blood vessels, compared to women who reported drinking fewer than one beverage a week (or none at all). (7)
A Daily Diet Soda Habit May Be Linked to Dementia – Both Sugar- and Artificially Sweetened Drinks Might Have Negative Effects On The Brain
MRI scans and cognitive exams of about 4,000 people ages 30 and up found that people who consumed more than three sodas per week – or more than two sugary drinks of any type (soda, fruit juice, and other soft drinks) per day – were more likely to have memory problems, a smaller brain volume and a smaller hippocampus (an area of the brain used in learning and memory. Drinking at least one diet soda a day was associated with smaller brain volume, as well. (8)
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Non-epileptic seizures. A 36-year-old woman who was diagnosed with a non-epileptic seizure disorder called chronic psychogenic nonepileptic seizures (PNES) began chiropractic care. She was suffering from tremors, loss of muscle control while staying conscious, dizziness, vertigo and fatigue as well as experiencing 6-10 full body convulsions every day lasting from twenty minutes to one hour!
She had been suffering from PNES for approximately six years. Her medical doctors prescribed drugs and psychotherapy for her conditions but she continued to get worse. In desperation her MD referred her to a chiropractor.
The chiropractic examination found upper cervical vertebral subluxations with related postural and structural distortions. After her first adjustment she had no symptoms for two days. She had three visits the first week and two per week for the next five months. After five months of chiropractic care she was completely symptom-free. (9)
Intention tremor. A 20-month-old boy was suffering from a shaky right hand. He was diagnosed with intention tremor (kinetic tremor) meaning that the tremor occurs while the arm is moving such as reaching for a toy or food. He also walked with his arms behind his torso and had speech delay.
The child was brought in for chiropractic care and his subluxations were addressed. The parents were told to do cross-crawl at-home exercises as part of the care plan.
The frequency of his intention tremors significantly decreased and his parents reported a marked improvement in his co-ordination and appetite. Also, his energy levels increased and frequency of colds/infections had improved. His parents noted that he was speaking in three-word sentences. (10)
Breech babies turn. Five pregnant women between the ages of 24 and 40 (pregnant 30-36 weeks) began chiropractic care. They all suffered from related pain and had babies in breech presentations.
When sacral subluxations are corrected using chiropractic procedures the pelvic cavity opens, the uterus has less stress and the baby is able to turn into the ideal presentation for delivery.
All the women had their babies in normal vertex positions within 10 adjustments (with 5.8 adjustments being the average). All five women went on to have normal vaginal deliveries. In addition, they had decreased back, pelvic and head pain. (11)
Did You Know?
Your tongue is an incredibly complex organ. You have about 10,000 different taste buds. Most of them are located on your tongue and they are completely replaced every 10-14 days.
But your ability to “taste” foods has nothing to do with your taste buds – your nose does the tasting.
It’s true – the scent of food is carried to your brain through your nose which helps you to “taste” your food. Try holding your nose while eating and you’ll know this is true.
Headaches, Numbness and Tingling:
It has been a number of years since I first starting seeing “Doc” for my headaches and fuzziness. I was skeptical for the better part of my life and only during a period of desperation did I open up to the idea of chiropractic and applied kinesiology.
Since my first visit it only gets better!!! My most recent “issue” found me with numbness and tingling in the fingers on my left hand. I shared with Dr. Horning and he immediately began to perform his “magic”. He told me exactly what was going to happen over the coming weeks and that over time it would be better. As always he was right.
Today I was happy to report that my numbness has subsided. About the same time as my fingers issue, I asked a question regarding sleeping and proper posture. There were a few morning where I awoke and didn’t feel like I had a restful sleep and my neck was a bit stiff. Doc provided some guidance on proper pillow placement and the use of towels to provide a stable base on which to place your pillow. Guess what – it helped!
There has been an incredible amount of bad news being published so I want to take the time to share good news. Dr. Horning and his staff are GOOD NEWS!!!!
- Wonder why the word funeral starts with FUN?
- Why isn't a fireman called a water-man?
- How come lipstick doesn't do what it says?
- If money doesn't grow on trees, how come banks have branches?
- If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
- How do you get off a non-stop flight?
- Why are goods sent by ship called CARGO and those sent by truck SHIPMENT?
- Why do we put cups in the dishwasher and the dishes in the cupboard?
- Why do doctors 'practice' medicine? Are they having practice at the cost of the patients?
- Why is it called 'rush hour' when traffic moves at its slowest then?
- How come noses run and feet smell?
- Why do they call it a TV 'set' when there is only one?
A bit of comic relief in the form of a Soviet joke told by US President Ronald Reagan to demonstrate the Soviet Socialist worker’s “paradise”:
You know there is a ten-year delay in the Soviet Union for the delivery of an automobile. And only one out of seven families in the Soviet Union own automobiles. There is a ten-year wait, and you go through quite a process when you are ready to buy, and then you put up the money in advance.
This man laid down the money, and the fellow in charge said to him: Come back in 10 years and get your car.
The man answered: Morning or afternoon?
And the fellow behind the counter said: Ten years from now, what difference does it make?
And he said: Well, the plumber is coming in the morning.
Please write or stop by and give us your feedback. Are there any subjects you’d like to hear about? Anything you dislike? Feedback is always important to us. And, of course, if you’d like hard copies of this newsletter stop by the office and we’ll give you some for your friends and relatives. If they have email, have them write to us and we’ll add them to our subscriber list.
4. West RO. Epidemiological studies of malignancies of ovaries. Cancer. July 1966:1001-1007.
5. Tove R. Measles virus infection without rash in childhood is related to disease in adult life. Lancet. 1985;325(8419):1-5.
6. Kubota Y, Iso H, Tamakoshi A. Association of measles and mumps with cardiovascular disease: The Japan Collaborative Cohort (JACC) study. Atherosclerosis. 2015;241(2):682-686.
7. Mossavar-Rahmani Y, Kamensky V, Manson JE. artificially sweetened beverages and stroke, coronary heart disease, and all-cause mortality in the women’s health initiative. Stroke. 2019;50:555-562.
8. Paseabc MP, Himalidbd JJ, Jacquesbe PF et al. Sugary beverage intake and preclinical Alzheimer's disease in the community. Alzheimer’s & Dementia. 2017;13(9):955-964.
9. Friedman R, Puro S. Resolution of psychogenic non-epileptic seizures following chiropractic care: a case study & review of the literature. Journal of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Research. February 11, 2019:1-10.
10. Stone-McCoy P, Pogrelis ZC. Resolution of intention tremor following chiropractic in an infant with vertebral subluxation: a case study and selective review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. February 25, 2019:11-18.
11. Mulcahy R, Mayo E. Resolution of breech presentations confirmed by ultrasound following chiropractic care using Webster Technique in five women: a case series. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. March 11, 2019:19-27.