October 1, 2017
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation.
Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This issue’s table of contents
- Chiropractic and Halloween: A Super-Natural Combination
- Chiropractic for Better School Performance
- A New Discovery of How Your Body Works
- 90% of Pregnant Women Refusing the Flu Shot
- Incredible New Findings – Ultrasound and Leukemia
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Traditional Eating
- Did You Know?
- Researching Chiropractic
- Success Story
Chiropractic and Halloween: A Super-Natural Combination
Is there a special ghoul adjustment? A special ghost adjustment?
What does chiropractic have to do with Halloween anyway? Well … nothing. But why should that stop us from wishing you a Happy Halloween?
Stop by for great Halloween treats and our special Halloween adjustments. We’ll make sure the treats are healthy (the adjustments are always healthy, of course).
Chiropractic for Better School Performance
Chiropractors correct abnormalities of the intellect as well as those of the body.
D.D Palmer, Discover of Chiropractic
Want to give your child an edge in his or her studies for their academic (and athletic) best? For over a century chiropractic’s beneficial effect on brain and neurological function has helped students improve their school experience.
Clinical studies and case histories have reported on the effectiveness of chiropractic care for brain function, concentration, balance and coordination. This is especially important information for the millions of children in the US with a neurological and/or learning disorder such as dyslexia, ADD (attention deficit disorder) ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), minimal brain damage, Tourette’s syndrome, seizures, asthma, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, autism, Asperger’s syndrome and many others.
Exactly how does chiropractic improve brain function? Initial research indicates that blood flow to the brain improves (1-3) and that chiropractic adjustments decrease inflammation and stress on the nervous system leading to decreased anxiety, improved well-being and improved brain function. (4-6) Adjustments appear to balance nerve reflexes in the spinal cord. (7-9) Other mechanisms may be involved as well.
It is most important that all students get their spines checked by a Doctor of Chiropractic so they may function at their best. Give your child a winning edge – bring them in for a chiropractic checkup.
A New Discovery About How Your Body Works
You’d think we knew pretty much everything we need to know about how the body works. But we are in the dark ages in many ways. For example, earlier this year it was discovered that the brain connects to the immune system and that communication is especially important when we sleep.
And more recently, UC San Francisco scientists have discovered that the lungs do more than breathe. The lungs play an important role in blood production. Yes, blood is made in the lungs. Using a special tracking system, researchers discovered that the lungs produce more than half of the platelets – blood components needed for clotting to stop bleeding, among other critical roles, in many conditions.
Blood cells were also found to travel back and forth between the lung and bone marrow. It appears that the stem cells that produce blood travel in the bloodstream to other organs and adapt to their needs. (10)
90% Of Pregnant Women Refusing Flu Shot
A mother’s instinct is very powerful and that may be why an overwhelming majority of pregnant women are now refusing the flu vaccine in spite of medical doctors telling them the vaccine is safe for their unborn baby.
A shocking report from the National Coalition of Organized Women (NCOW) presented data from two different sources demonstrating that the 2009/10 H1N1 vaccines contributed to an estimated 1,588 miscarriages and stillbirths. A corrected estimate may be as high as 3,587 cases. (11)
Alessandro Bertoucci, PhD analyzed the practices of 256 physicians treating more than 600,000 patients. He reported that 91% of pregnant women are declining influenza vaccines due to fears of miscarriage and suspected toxins in the vaccine itself. (12)
Incredible New Findings – Ultrasound and Leukemia
British physician Alice Stewart, MD in the early 1980s discovered a higher incidence of leukemia in children who had been exposed in the womb to x-rays and ultrasound. Dr. Stewart was persecuted professionally and financially for her unpopular research but she didn’t back down.
Here is an interview with Gayle Green, PhD on this amazing woman:
From the interview:
She was not looking for it. She was tracking the causes of childhood leukemia, and she came across this amazing fact that if you x-ray pregnant women, as was being done in the 1950s, you doubled the risk of a childhood cancer. Not just leukemia, but all cancers … this is why doctors don’t x-ray pregnant women anymore…
Hiroshima scientists thought there was threshold beneath which radiation ceased to be dangerous and Alice was discovering that that threshold did not exist and in fact she said, small dose radiation can cause mutations. The cell attempts to repair itself and that can give you cancer or birth defects down the line….
For more information: https://www.press.umich.edu/16780/woman_who_knew_too_much
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
How often should I receive chiropractic care?
The answer is – whenever you have subluxations. Because subluxations are painless and may occur anytime it’s good to get checked periodically.
This photo (1900) is of Dr. DD Palmer who discovered chiropractic. The first chiropractic patient was deaf and his hearing returned while the second patient had heart problems that resolved after an adjustment. Chiropractic is not, and never was, a backache treatment.
Just as you get your eyes, your blood pressure and your teeth checked periodically so you need to get your spine checked. That’s especially true if you are under a lot of stress – physical, emotional and even chemical.
Subluxations damage your spine, nerves, discs, ligaments, muscles and tendons and can cause immune system and overall body malfunction (dis-ease). Because subluxation damage builds up and can cause dis-ease we recommend that entire families, all the generations, receive periodic chiropractic care.
P.S. Feel free to write to us with any questions.
Traditional Eating: Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is an inexpensive, simple and ancient way to improve your teeth and gums and more! What is oil pulling?
Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic Medicine (Indian) dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes. Then you spit it out. Don’t swallow it. Dental infections have been linked to many serious illnesses, including heart disease and cancer. Done once or twice a day, oil pulling is designed to draw out toxins in your body, improve oral health and to improve your overall health.
Ancient Ayurvedic texts claim that oil pulling can cure about 30 systemic diseases including chronic headaches, migraines, diabetes and several skin conditions.
Some of the reported benefits from users are:
- Whiter teeth
- Cavity and gingivitis prevention
- Better breath (halitosis sufferers also reported greatly improved morning breath)
- Stronger teeth and gums
- Less jaw pain (TMJ sufferers noted great improvement), sleep problems and sinus issues
- Alleviation of headaches, hangovers and skin issues (reports have shown improvement in acne, psoriasis and eczema)
Why not try it regularly between dental visits? Your dentist (or hygienist) will notice a difference.
Learn more at:
Did You Know?
- A bear has 42 teeth?
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain?
- Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries?
- 8% of people have an extra rib?
- 85% of plant life is found in the ocean?
- Ralph Lauren's original name was Ralph Lifshitz?
- Rabbits like licorice?
- The Hawaiian alphabet has 13 letters?
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Chronic constipation in a 5-year-old. A 5-year-old girl suffering from abdominal pain (gastritis) and chronic constipation began chiropractic care. MDs could not find any cause. A high fiber diet and laxative use as directed by her medical doctor was not effective.
Chiropractic care was initiated. She was seen and adjusted two times a week for two weeks, followed by one visit a week for 10 weeks.
At visit number 12, the patient no longer complained of abdominal pain and the patient’s mother reported an improvement in the patient’s demeanor as well as a complete resolution of her chronic constipation. (13)
Brain wave improvement, emotional improvement. A 7-year-old female had slow physical skill acquisition, difficulty with coordination (since birth), an aversion to using utensils (preferring to use her fingers to eat), emotional outbursts, and low self-esteem. This had been going on for two years.
After two months’ care, analysis revealed improved brain alpha waves, improved coordination, spontaneous use of silverware for self-feeding and an improvement in emotional regulation. (14)
A 26-year-old with MS. A 26-year-old patient with multiple sclerosis, numbness and neck pain sought chiropractic care. A complete history and objective examination revealed several vertebral subluxations and a reversed neck (cervical) curve.
He was seen twelve times in one month while receiving nine adjustments for vertebral subluxation correction. His neck curve improved 60%, and neck pain, headaches and numbness greatly improved. His multiple sclerosis symptoms dramatically reduced. (15)
4 year old stomach issues GONE
My four year old daughter has had stomach issues for a long time.
After numerous doctors’ appointments with no improvement I took a friends’ advice to take her to Dr Horning.
After only three appointments her condition has cleared up.
She loves going! She thanked me for taking her there and stated how thankful she was for Dr Horning for taking care of her! Anthea T.
Henny Youngman was king of the one liners. Here are a few of them:
Getting on a plane, I told the ticket lady, "Send one of my bags to New York, send one to Los Angeles, and send one to Miami." She said, "We can't do that!" I told her, "You did it last week!"
A doctor gave a man six months to live. The man couldn't pay his bill, so he gave him another six months.
My doctor grabbed me by the wallet and said, "Cough!"
The doctor called Mrs. Cohen saying, "Mrs. Cohen, your check came back." Mrs. Cohen answered, "So did my arthritis!"
The doctor says, "You'll live to be 60!" "I AM 60!" "See, what did I tell you?"
A doctor says to a man, "You want to improve your love life? You need to get some exercise. Run ten miles a day." Two weeks later, the man called the doctor. The doctor says, "How is your love life since you have been running?" "I don't know, I'm 140 miles away!"
The patient says, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Then don't do that!"
The doctor says to the patient, "Take your clothes off and stick your tongue out the window". "What will that do?" asks the patient. The doctor says, "I'm mad at my neighbor!"
A doctor has a stethoscope up to a man's chest. The man asks, "Doc, how do I stand?" The doctor says, "That's what puzzles me!"
A man goes to a psychiatrist. "Nobody listens to me!" The doctor says, "Next!"
A man goes to a psychiatrist. The doctor says, "You're crazy." The man says, "I want a second opinion!" "Okay, you're ugly too!"
Please write or stop by and give us your feedback. Are there any subjects you’d like to hear about? Anything you dislike? Feedback is always important to us. And, of course, if you’d like hard copies of this newsletter stop by the office and we’ll give you some for your friends and relatives. If they have email, have them write to us and we’ll add them to our subscriber list.
1. Risley WB. Impaired arterial blood flow to the brain as a result of a cervical subluxation: a clinical report. Journal of the American Chiropractic Association. June 1995:61-63.
2. Terrett AGJ. Cerebral dysfunction: a theory to explain some effects of chiropractic manipulation. Chiropractic Technique. 1993;5:168-173.
3. Gorman RF. Chiropractic Medicine for Rejuvenation of the Mind. Academy of Chiropractic Medicine, 8 Budgen Street, Darvin, Australia, 1983.
4. Potthoff S, Penwell B, Wolf J. Panic attacks and the chiropractic adjustment: a case report. ACA J of Chiropractic. 1993;30:26-28.
5. Sullivan EC. The chiropractic management of anxiety: a case report. ACA J of Chiropractic. 1992;29:29-34.
6. Goff PJ, McConnell E, Paone P. The effect of chiropractic adjustment on frontalis EMG potentials, spinal ranges of motion and anxiety level. Chiropractic: The Journal of Chiropractic Research and Clinical Investigation. 1991;7(1):4-9.
7. Yates RG, Lamping DL, Abram NL, Wright C. Effects of chiropractic treatment on blood pressure and anxiety. JMPT. 1988; 1:484-488.
8. Shambaugh P, Pearlman RC, Hauck K. Changes in brain stem evoked response as a result of chiropractic treatment. In Proceedings of the 1991 International Conference on Spinal Manipulation, FCER:227-229.
9. Kent C. Models of vertebral subluxation: a review. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research. 1996;1(1):11-17.
10. Lefrançais E, Ortiz-Muños G, Caudrillier A et al. The lung is a site of platelet biogenesis and a reservoir for haematopoietic progenitors. Nature. 2017;544:105-109. doi:10.1038/nature21706 Also https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2017/03/406111/surprising-new-role-lungs-making-blood
11. Dannemann E, King P, Goldman GS. A comparison – probably 2009-A-H1N1-flu-shot-related fetal loss and maternal deaths in pregnant women attributed to unverified H1N1-infection related complication – an upside-down risk benefit reality. National Coalition of Organized Women Report. August 11, 2010.
13. Wilson J, Duncan J. Resolution of chronic constipation in a 5-year-old female following chiropractic care: a case study & review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2017;3:141-146.
14. Mancuso M, Cheng J. Improvement in alpha brain waves, coordination and emotional regulation in a pediatric patient with chiropractic care using Network Spinal Analysis. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2017;3:133-140.
15. Jaszewski E, LaVallie C. Improvement in cervical curve, dysautonomia and quality of life in a patient with multiple sclerosis using the Pierce Results System™: case study & review of the literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. August 7, 2017:131-141.