November 1, 2017
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This issue’s table of contents
- Opioids and Chiropractic – Hope for Recovery?
- Why Avoid the Flu Shot This (and Every) Season
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Traditional Eating
- Did You Know?
- Researching Chiropractic
- Success Story
Opioids and Chiropractic – Hope for Recovery?
America is experiencing an opioid epidemic or crisis due to the increase in the use of prescription and non-prescription drugs that act on the opioid receptors to produce morphine-like effects. These drugs include painkillers such as OxyContin®, Percocet®, Vicodin® and fentanyl. They are strong, and also addicting, and can cause fatal overdoses. The drug sedates that part of the brain that regulates breathing which can cause respiratory failure and death.
According to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration the opioid problem has reached “epidemic levels." Nearly half of all opioid overdose deaths in 2016 involved prescription opioids. Is there something that could be done? How about a drug-free approach to healthcare? How about chiropractic?
Although it’s only a single case report, this can be an inspiration for others who are hooked on prescription and recreational drugs of all kinds. In a study published in the journal Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research we see the clinical case of a 21-year-old man under chiropractic care who was an opioid addict.
The 21-year-old came to a chiropractic office suffering from opioid addiction, anxiety, depression, insomnia and cluster headaches. His medical doctors had placed him on four different medications in an attempt to manage his symptoms and withdrawal. This approach had interfered with his life; he had dropped out of college 11 months prior due to the adverse effects on his daily life as well as the destructive coping mechanisms he had adopted.
The chiropractor examined the young man, took x-rays and found structural/spinal distortions in his neck, mid-back and low back that can cause nerve interference (subluxations). In addition, x-rays also revealed scoliosis and a loss of the normal curve in his neck.
Chiropractic care was begun to reduce his vertebral subluxations with the result that the patient recovered from opioid addiction and was able to stop all prescribed medication. His headaches, anxiety, depression, and insomnia resolved completely.
Prior research has shown that chiropractic can have a profound effect on brain function and mental health, including ADHD, pervasive developmental disorder, Tourette’s Syndrome, obsessive compulsive disorder and other neurodevelopmental disorders. (1)
Why Avoid the Flu Shot This (and Every) Season
Since it’s flu shot season we have a valuable, scientifically-based recommendation regarding getting the flu shot: don’t! Why? The flu shot is dangerous and ineffective. It’s especially dangerous if you’re pregnant because it can cause spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) or can increase the chances you’ll have a child with autism. Why would anyone think something so dangerous is safe for anyone else?
In addition to the above dangers, the flu shot has also been linked to paralysis, narcolepsy and many other conditions. It is one of the most commonly reported vaccines that cause serious reactions. Also, it doesn’t work. Do yourself and your family a favor, don’t get a flu shot. Here’s supporting documentation (below).
Miscarriage (spontaneous abortion) after influenza vaccine
The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) released a study that reviewed data comparing pregnant and non-pregnant women who received flu shots. (2)
It was discovered that women who got the flu shot (IIV) in the 2010-2011 season were 3.7 times more likely to experience a spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) within 28 days than women not receiving the vaccine. However, if a pregnant woman had received the H1N1 vaccine in the previous flu season her chance of having a spontaneous abortion was 7.7 times greater than pregnant women who did not receive the shot. This danger has been confirmed in another study. (3)
As if that weren’t bad enough:
Autism after influenza vaccine
Pregnant women who got the flu shot in the first trimester of pregnancy were 25% more likely to give birth to a child diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). It should be kept in mind that the flu vaccine contains 25 micrograms of mercury via thimerosal. (4)
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
Question: Why is chiropractic considered a treatment for back and neck pain by many people?
Answer: It’s a matter of real estate, i.e. location.
Doctors of Chiropractic work on your spine and structural system in order to release nerve interference or nerve stress (subluxations). We work on that part of the body because that’s where the nerves are. Because chiropractors work on the spine it is assumed we are treating spinal pain. But why do children with asthma, bedwetting and allergies respond to chiropractic care? Why do women with menstrual cramps or those with headaches and migraines respond to chiropractic care? Why is there better sports performance and improved balance, vision and hearing?
That’s because nerves from your spine are like telephone wires connecting your brain to your internal organs, glands, muscles and many other body parts. They need to communicate with no static or interference. However, if your spine has subluxations (distortions affecting nerves), your communication system breaks down, affecting your entire body and that can affect the organs your nerves connect to. See the illustration showing how nerves from the spine (and brain) connect to your organs, etc. Chiropractic is good for your whole body – it’s wholistic.
After all, chiropractic was discovered by DD Palmer (pictured right) when a patient’s hearing returned after a spinal adjustment.
So yes, nerve-muscle-spine (neuromusculoskeletal) pain responds very well to chiropractic adjustments but chiropractors work on the spine to help the whole body. Don’t limit chiropractic care to aches and pains – it can help people in many ways.
P.S. Feel free to write to us with any questions.
Is the gluten-free diet craze safe and nutritious? The Weston A. Price Foundation discusses this in a wonderful article entitled Dangers of Gluten Free Foods at www.westonaprice.org.
Among the dangers of eating processed gluten-free foods is heavy metal toxicity. Many packaged gluten-free products are contaminated with high levels of heavy metals, even if they’re labeled as organic. A few of the suggestions from the article:
- Try some genuine wheat-based sourdough bread slathered with butter—you may find that it agrees with you quite well and you don’t have to go 100 percent gluten-free after all.
- Eat packaged or processed gluten-free foods only occasionally. Instead, make your own gluten-free foods, such as banana-arrowroot pancakes. (Combine one mashed banana, one egg, one tablespoon arrowroot and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and cinnamon. Multiply by four to make a larger batch.)
- If you purchase gluten-free products and mixes, buy organic. Testing of non-organic gluten-free products has revealed high levels of glyphosate, which also is an indicator of possible contamination with other herbicides. Simple Mills or other WAPF-recommended brands are good options.
- All of these warnings go double for pregnant moms and kids. Children’s small body size and their developmental stage make the problems far more dangerous and damaging to their minds, bodies and biomes.
Go to https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/dangers-gluten-free-foods/ and enjoy the entire article – you’ll thank us for it.
Did You Know?
The new flu vaccine is made with armyworms and insects? UGH! (5)
The Flublok® flu vaccine is made with insects and armyworms. How’d you like that injected into your kids, spouse or yourself? Here is what the package insert for the Flublok’s quadrivalent vaccine states:
Flublok Quadrivalent may also contain residual amounts of baculovirus and Spodoptera frugiperda cell proteins (≤ 19 mcg), baculovirus and cellular DNA (≤ 10 ng), and Triton X-100 (≤ 100 mcg).
To clarify: baculovirus are viruses that infect insects. Spodoptera frugiperda are armyworms. Will people start having worm-like qualities a la Spiderman getting bit by a spider and developing superpowers? That’s a great comic book story but not real life. Besides what would a person with worm-like powers look like or be able to do?
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Asthma in a six-year-old. A 6-year-old boy had a four-year history of asthma, suffering from nightly attacks. He was taking Flovent™, Albuterol™, Orapred™ and Flonase™. Chiropractic analysis revealed subluxations in his cervical, thoracic and lumbar spinal regions and in his sacroiliac joint region?
The child had chiropractic care three times per week and was re-examined every 30 days. On re-evaluation, his mother reported continued decrease in medications and improved sleep. (6)
Ejaculatory pain in a 25-year-old. A 25-year-old male suffering from 1½ years of pelvic floor muscular pain, ejaculatory pain and ringing in the ears sought chiropractic care for the relief of pain and associated symptoms.
The patient had 41 office visits and received an adjustment by hand or instrument on 38 of these visits. Upon X-ray re-examination, the patient’s spinal curves had improved. Subjectively, the patient reported “much improvement” in the pelvic floor pain, with both the ejaculatory pain and the ringing in the ears described as “totally better.” (7)
100% disabled before chiropractic care. A U.S. military veteran had been suffering from severe low back and neck pain for the past 12 years. Due to his pain he was considered 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
During his six months of care the patient was continually re-evaluated as care progressed. The patient’s Lumbar Oswestry, Neck Disability Index, vitals, range of motion, orthopedic and neurological findings all improved under care. By this time, the patient was able to walk without assistance and regained the ability to perform many activities of daily living. (8)
Foot Drop – CURED!
(Also Chronic Back and Leg Pain)
Recently, I suffered foot drop, due to a pinched nerve.
There was paralysis in my toes and ankle, preventing me from flexing my foot. I had to lift my knee to walk so I wouldn’t trip and fall. I had leg and hip pain when walking or driving. Dr Horning told me there was no medical cure for this condition. He assured me with time and patience, he could fix my problem.
In 6 weeks, my gait returned to normal and the flexibility in my foot has returned 100%!!
For years, I suffered chronic back and leg pain causing me to be inactive and depressed. Dr Horning relieved me of that pain, improving my quality of life significantly. I am very grateful for him and his wonderful staff. Peggy H
Things You Don’t Need To Know
*1- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
* 2- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
* 3- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
* 4- The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
* 5- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
* 6- There are more chickens than people in the world.
* 7- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
* 8- On a Canadian two-dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag.
* 9- All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20.
*10- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
1. Labelle S, Steiner M. Resolution of Anxiety, depression, insomnia, scoliosis & cluster headaches, in a patient with opioid addiction undergoing chiropractic care to reduce subluxations: a case study & review of the literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. October 4, 2017:176-188.
2. Donahue JG, Kieke BA, King JP et al. Association of spontaneous abortion with receipt of inactivated influenza vaccine containing H1N1pdm09 in 2010-11 and 2011-12. Vaccine. 2017;35(40):5314-5322. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2017.06.069.
3. Goldman GS. Comparison of VAERS fetal-loss reports during three consecutive influenza seasons: Was there a synergistic fetal toxicity associated with the two-vaccine 2009/2010 season? First Published September 27, 2012 in Human and Experimental Toxicology. 2013;32(5).
4. Zerbo O, Qian Y, Yoshida C et al. Association between influenza infection and vaccination during
pregnancy and risk of autism spectrum disorder. JAMA Pediatr. 2017;171(1):e163609.
6. Swift C, Wetterlin K, Alcantara J. Improved health outcomes in an asthmatic child following chiropractic care with bio-geometric integration: a case study. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2017;3:151-156.
7. Harden J, Smith B. Remission of ejaculatory pain in 25-year-old male using the Pierce Results System™: a case study. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. September 18, 2017:152-161.
8. Dick J, Hock S. Improved health outcomes in a military veteran following vertebral subluxation based chiropractic care: a case report. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. September 7, 2017:147-151.