In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This Issue’s Table of Contents
- Chiropractic and Stress
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Nourishing Traditions
- Gardasil Vaccine Causes Cervical Cancer!?
- Researching Chiropractic
- Did You Know?
- Success Story
In This issue…
Did you know that chiropractors used to run mental institutions because of the power of the adjustment? Yes, chiropractic is for much more than back problems; find out why. What does good nutrition have to do with your grandparents? Discover a special fluid in your brain, and more, in this issue.
Chiropractic and Stress
Life is full of ups and downs that are stressful. Even good events such as marriage, the birth of a child, buying a home, family reunions, vacations and many other joyful activities register quite high on the stress meter – as high in stress as when really bad things happen.
The difference is whether you hold on to your physical and emotional stress or you let your stress go once the event is over. If you had a bad event (getting fired, losing a big game, a bad relationship) it’s totally understandable that you experienced a lot of stress. But if you always carry around the hurt (stress) then it’s chronic stress and that ultimately wears you down.
If only the good feelings, the happy events, the exciting times stayed! But we’re not supposed to be high all the time, that too would be draining! We’re not meant to be on highs and lows all the time.
Many people are walking around with lots of painful memories – layers and layers of emotional and physical traumas they don't need to hold on to anymore. One of the powerful miracles of chiropractic care is that it interrupts painful stress responses. Sometimes a chiropractic adjustment is referred to as a “pattern interrupt.” That is, the memory may continue to exist but it doesn’t eat you up inside. Technically speaking, you are no longer somaticizing your emotional stress. This frees up energy for healing and happiness.
When chiropractors address your body for subluxations, they are locating and ultimately releasing deep mind-body stress that can have powerful healing repercussions. The emotional benefits of chiropractic are so powerful that in the US alone many mental institutions were founded that used chiropractic care.
For that reason alone, everyone should have a periodic chiropractic checkup (and adjustment) in order to release stress that’s burdening them and affecting their physical and mental health.
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
Question: Do chiropractors help more than back problems?
Answer: Spend some time in a chiropractor’s waiting room (such as ours) and you’ll see people with lots of different problems coming in for care: babies with ear infections; kids with asthma; pregnant women wanting an easier labor and delivery; people with colds, flu, digestive issues, headaches and migraines, menstrual problems, fertility problems, elimination problems, hearing and vision problems and of course, back, neck, arm, leg, shoulder, hip and other pains.
Why? It’s because the nerves that come from the spine go to all your internal organs and if there is a blockage where the nerves emit in the spine (a subluxation) it can and often does affect the function of the organs, and even the function of the entire body.
It’s understandable that people think that chiropractors are “back doctors” because they work on the spine, but chiropractic care is for the whole person and chiropractors work on the entire body – they just do it through the spine because that’s where many health-damaging subluxations appear.
It doesn’t matter what conditions you have – you always need a healthy spine to maximize your healing potential. That’s especially true if you are dealing with serious health concerns.
Eat Like Your Great Grandparents
Well, we’re sure you don’t know exactly how your great grandparents ate but we know a lot about the food that was available when people were alive over 100 years ago. We know they ate all organic food because, well, there was nothing else! No pesticides, no herbicides, no Roundup™, no GMO (genetically modified foods).
It’s like the joke: what did they call organic food 100 years ago? Food!
Cancer and heart disease were rare 100 years ago. They started to rise as our food quality decreased – as people began to eat margarine, hydrogenated oils (i.e. Crisco) and dangerous vegetable oils such as canola, corn oil, soy oil, cottonseed oil and other seed oils. If we are going to have a healthier population we need to eat lots of butter and cream, cook with (and also eat) lots of healthy oils (coconut, olive, avocado) and use organic, pastured animal products. Animals fats such as chicken fat (schmaltz), tallow and lard were traditionally used for cooking.
Research shows that people eating lots of butter, eggs and animal fats have less heart disease and cancer than those eating corn flakes, breakfast cereals, muffins, margarine, and pasteurized and homogenized milk and milk products.
Want to know more? Some of the best research is collected by the Weston A. Price Foundation. Go to www.westonaprice.org and type in fats, oils, cancer, heart disease, etc. in the search engine.
Gardasil Vaccine Causes Cervical Cancer!?
We doubt if you’ll see this on the evening news but the vaccine that was supposed to be preventing cervical cancer appears to cause it.
A recent study published in the Indian Journal of Medical Ethics examined cervical cancer rates among women in Sweden. To their surprise, the researchers discovered a link between increased cervical cancer and increased HPV (Gardasil) vaccination. The authors write, “It is possible that the vaccination has facilitated the development of new or existing cervical cancer among women.” (1) This study casts doubt on the efficacy of the HPV vaccine, and, in fact, links the vaccine to increased cancer rates.
Please let others know about this because it is highly unlikely you will read about this in the US mainstream media where nothing negative about vaccines appears.
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Autism. A 10-year-old girl diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) complained of neck pain, low back pain and insomnia; in addition, she exhibited head banging and other uncontrolled behavior.
A total of 12 chiropractic adjustments were delivered to her occiput, C1, C2, sacrum, and coccyx over an eight-week period. When she first came to the clinic she held herself in a protective position: taut and rigid. However, after an adjustment she became much more relaxed, her outbursts ceased, she was calmer and her sleep improved. (2)
Woman with 20 years of pain. A 75-year-old woman was suffering from neck and shoulder pain for over 20 years. In addition, she had insomnia, intermittent low back pain and moderate spinal degeneration (as seen on X-ray). She was taking codeine on a regular basis.
Spinal subluxations were located and corrected. She had improved mobility, less physical pain and reported improved quality of life. (3)
Ankylosing Spondylitis in a 38-year-old. A 38-year-old man entered a chiropractor’s office complaining of upper back pain, neck pain, left groin and bilateral buttock pain, right patella and right medial heel pain. Ten years prior, the patient sought medical consultation with a rheumatologist and was diagnosed with Reiter’s Syndrome, which was later amended to Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS). He was told he’d continue to deteriorate over the years.
Medical care consisted of Pamidronate and Alendronate (prescription medications) that he had discontinued on his own.
The patient reported relief of all his pain symptoms, increased mobility and improved posture. He had 16 appointments for care over a one-year period with constant improvement. He continues care on a periodic basis. (4)
Asthma, insomnia, headaches and other disorders in a 9-year-old child. A 9-year-old boy diagnosed with asthma, insomnia, headaches, dizziness, neck pain, low back pain, stomachaches, constipation, diarrhea, allergies, eczema and ADHD entered a chiropractor’s office. He had been under medical care throughout his life and had multiple visits to the emergency room.
Multiple levels of vertebral subluxation were found on examination and addressed or corrected.
All the child’s problems, including asthma, insomnia, headaches, neck and back pain, allergies, ADHD, etc. resolved or greatly reduced. His medication reduced greatly and he had no more emergency room visits. (5)
Did You Know?
Your brain has a special fluid circulating inside it called cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). Lots of veins and arteries in your brain are filled with blood yet there are special cavities and passageways in your brain and spinal cord filled with CSF.
What is CSF? It’s like your blood plasma – that is, blood without the red blood cells. It does amazing things. For one thing the CSF helps your brain pulsate and that is reflected in the pulsing of your skull (cranial) bones that creates a wave-like motion 8-12 times per minute. (6)
Other things your CSF does:
- Temperature control (brain anti-freeze)
- Waste removal
- Creates cranial bone motion and brain (dural) tension
- Protective barrier against trauma
- Chemical buffer against toxins
- Gives the brain buoyancy, physical and chemical support
Chiropractic adjustments, by releasing stress on the structural system, help promote the unobstructed flow of CSF through the brain and spinal cord.
Success Story Degenerative disc and joint disease has interfered with my life for quite a few years. My primary recommended PT plus naproxen which was only a temporary fix. I found stretches and exercise online, again temporary fix. I also have plantar fasciitis for which my orthopedic could only “temporary fix.”
I never thought my life would resume to “normal” until I discovered what Dr Horning could do for me! I haven’t felt so agile/pain free in about 7 years. I’m gardening, dancing, getting chores done, and playing ball with my kids all without pain/taking several breaks in between. Life is good again!
Thank you Dr Horning, I now recommend you to everyone!
- EllaMae B
- I just read that 4,153,237 people got married last year. Not to cause any trouble but shouldn't that be an even number?
- Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.
- I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his bus.
- If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they would eventually find me attractive.
- I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
- A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight, live longer than the men who mention it.
- Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw fish to them?
- My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We'll see about that.
- I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been Googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.
- If you think nobody cares whether you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.
- My therapist said that my narcissism causes me to misread social situations. I’m pretty sure she was hitting on me.
- My 60-year kindergarten reunion is coming up soon and I’m worried about the 175 pounds I’ve gained since then.
1. Andersson L. Increased incidence of cervical cancer in Sweden: possible link with HPV vaccination. Indian Journal of Medical Ethics. Published online: April 30, 2018.
2. Pappicco M. Improved health outcomes & quality of life in a 10-year-old child with autism spectrum disorder following chiropractic care to reduce vertebral subluxation: a case study & selective review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic ~ March 22, 2018:7-12.
3. Ujdur N, Russell DG. Improvement in physical functioning, overall quality of life & drug reduction in a 75-year-old female with neuropathy, insomnia & vertebral subluxations: a case report. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. April 23, 2018:77-83.
4. Alcantara J, Alcantara J, Alcantara J. improvement in quality of life, posture, range of motion and pain following chiropractic care of a patient with ankylosing spondylitis. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. April 12, 2018:68-76.
5. Stone-McCoy P, Taylor CJ. Resolution of asthma and other functional disorders following chiropractic care to reduce vertebral subluxations in a nine-year-old male: a case report. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. April 9, 2018:26-33.
6. Chaitow, L. Cranial manipulation theory and practice: osseous and soft tissue approaches. Edinburgh, London: Churchill Livingstone. 1999:56-57.